Diamond BC Balcony Cabin: reviews and/or pictures?

cydspal

Now that we are hearing from Diamond cruisers, does anyone have any pictures of a Balcony Cabin room (non-suite) and / or any reviews? [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

I'm still looking for information on B747 -- we have that one booked on the Sapphire and I'm still trying to figure out if the balcony is a bit bigger.

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;11;11;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800[/img]
Sapphire Princess

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bucky3:
Anyone had cabin on Baja deck - specifically #634? We'll be on The Sapphire in the fall and have that cabin booked. How big is the balcony and is it completely covered? Thanks for any info.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>We were in A232, balcony was good for 2 people, not overly spacious. The ship is the same as the Diamond, read reviews on dining to know what to do and don't rely on princess to guide you for a successful cruise.....

We were in a BD category I think, cabin B232 on the Diamond last week. It is the standard size outside room with a fully covered balcony that is about 5 feet deep and the width of the cabin. I asked the steward to bring me a long deck chair as soon as I boarded and with some rearranging of the 2 chairs and the table, everything fit. If I had it to do over again, I would have paid a little extra and gone down to the Caribe deck. The balcony for those cabins was twice as big, half covered by my floor and half open. I assume that the cabins were the same size. Pictures that Princess has on its web site for outside balcony cabins on Grand class ships looked exactly like ours.

Thanks, tdf799!

We booked a BE on the Sapphire, but got upgraded to a BB on the Caribe deck! It's nice to know the balconies are so much bigger. I'm going to put a lounger out there and soak up the sights.

LeeLee

Carnival Fantasy
9/6/01 RCI Sovereign of the Seas
8/1/04 Sapphire Princess Honeymoon!
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;8;1;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800[/img]

thanks

[img]http://www.regalweb.co.uk/loony/animated/wine.gif[/img]
Millie Med. Cruise
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2003;7;10;15;00;00&timezone=GMT+0100[/img]

If we go on a cruise on Golden Princess, we were thinking of booking a BC balcony cabin on the Aloha or Baja deck. It sounds like some of the B categories are different sizes. Can you only get a couch if you book a Mini-Suite or Suite? If no one knows, I will start a new topic with that question tomorrow.

Gail

Gail,
Yes, you can only get a couch by booking the mini suites. We've stayed in a BB on the Star,
and we were on CAribe deck. The decks on caribe are twice as large as all the other BB's. Doesn't matter if you have a BD or BA, you'll still have just a chair!
Also, with the mini suites, not only do you get a couch, but also a second television AND
a bathtub/shower combo. Bathrooms seem much larger with the mini suites. Although I haven't stayed in a mini, I did check them out thoroughly before disembarking the ship in
Ft. Lauderdale 4 months ago.
And then there's the Vista Suites which are HUGE! But that's a whole 'nother story.
We had the great fortune to be upgraded to a Vista last December from a Cat BB because we booked a "guarantee"

Carnival Holiday 6/92
RCCL Monarch of the Seas 6/94
Celebrity Infinity 6/28/01
Star Princess 2/08/03
Golden Princess 12/06/03

We were in a minisuite on the Dolphin deck on the Diamond last week and we had plenty of space on the balcony. There was a table and two chairs, and two loungers, with plenty of room. It was fully exposed, but appeared to have nicer furniture outside than the other balcony cabins.

The cabin was very spacious and there is no comparison between the baths in a minisuite and a balcony cabin--the minisuite is very comfortable overall and the balconies were nice.

I have booked D737, a mini suite on the Diamond for the fall....anyone in this cabin can tell me anything about it?

"so many cruises, so little vacation time"
Grand Princess - March 2003
Carnival Pride - June 2002
Carnival Victory - June 2001

Thanks for the information. We were on the Sun Princess a few years ago & had a balcony cabin. I did miss not having a couch. I assumed with the new larger ships that the balcony cabins would now have a couch. We have had balcony cabins on Carnival & Royal Caribbean, & they had couches. I guess I'm surprised the newer Princess ships don't also have them. We've never stayed in a mini or larger suite before.

Gail

Just came back from the Diamond Princess Saturday. I stayed in cabin 515 on the Baja deck (cat BC). Like tdf799 said, the balcony was about five feet deep and as wide as the cabin and completely covered. I feel that a lounge would be too crowded for the balcony. A little side note. When sitting on my balcony, the reflection of the glass from the balconies on either side of me offer you a view of who ever is sitting on the next balcony. This proved a little uncomfortable because too older ladies were relaxing in their underwear and could be seen even when I was sitting far back. All you had to do is look straight ahead and you could still see the reflection. Just be aware of this. It is NOT private. The two chairs and nice size table was more than adequate for the size of the balcony. The room is pretty small but livable for two people.

We were in A701 (BC) on the last sailing and found the room to be quite spacious for 2 people. Our balcony had steel partitions on each side, giving us more privacy than the normal balcony. The other balconies have plexiglass dividers with connecting doors.

There is plenty of closet space and plenty of hangers. The cabinet also has ample room for folded clothing.

There is nothing remarkable about the decoration of the room, but it was quite comfortable. The service by the room steward was exceptional, also. All in all, the BC cabin is quite nice unless you require a larger balcony.

until Diamond Princess
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=dc143c&cdt=2004;4;3;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800[/img]

Archived