outlets for appliances

spots25

can i plug my blower and flat iron directly into the outlets?? american plugs? or do i need an adapter? on the windsurf

WIND SURF cabins have both U.S. and European outlets (110 and 220 volts), but as I recall, you aren't allowed to use irons for safety reasons.

You'll also find a built-in hair dryer in the bathroom.

TIP: If you're traveling with camera chargers, a laptop, etc., look for a row of outlets under the desk. (I think there are four--I never used more than two at a time on my own cruise last month.)

• 4 weeks later...

There is only one (1) 110v outlet in each cabin, located under the desk. It will accept a blow dryer. The hair dryer in the bathroom would be fine if you have short or fine hair. We did buy a blow dryer that is 110/220 switchable, so you can then use a plug adapter. What would really be a help is if we could find 220v electric rollers, as my wife travels with them wherever we go.

As for ironing, they will do it for you and at very reasonabale prices. My wife sent a long pleated skirt for pressing and if memory serves me correctly it cost only $1.50 US. They will loan you an iron upon request, but no ironong board. Use the table top with a towel.

We just sailed on the Windsurf and they had a small yet powerful 220 blow dryer in the room along with the built in dryer in the bathroom. I am very fussy when it comes to blow dryers and this one worked great. The one in the bathroom--useless, imho...

I do not believe the 110 outlet is for blow dryer use. It is for rechargers. I asked for an iron and was told that was not an option and to send my pressing to the laundry. The charges were reasonable and they did a nice job.

I don't have a response for the original poster as I tend to "rough it" in Europe and not bring along a hair dryer, curlers, etc.

But I do have a clarification for the responders. A flat iron is for your hair, not your clothes. It is basically the opposite of a curling iron and is used to straigten or "flip" hair. So unless the original poster is doing her wig/extensions, she can't send out her hair for ironing. Hehehe.

Archived