Normally a HAL cruiser, but considering Windstar...

~Roses~

It's our 10th anniversary next year and I'd love love love to do a windstar cruise. We normally cruise HAL so age of pax etc doesn't matter to us... we are not the partying type and just want a fun, relaxing, casual smallish cruise...

Does windstar fit that criteria?

In a word, yes.

As HAL afficionados, we did the same thing several years back. It was a great transition. Windstar reminds you of HAL in several ways (Windstar is a HAL subsidiary) but we found that the fellow passengers are different in some respects. More casual, younger and more travel savvy.

I second Walt's opinion. We had been on several HAL cruises when we took a New Year's trip to celebrate our 25th anniversary this year.

I am a convert! We're already booked for another Windstar trip this coming January.

On our cruise in January, 120 of the 140 some passengers were repeaters. That says volumes to me about the line.

Give it a try. We found it fun and relaxing and felt very pampered. I never missed the balcony for a minute.

Beth

...I never missed the balcony for a minute.

Beth

Balcony? The whole ship is our balcony. Breakfast and lunch on my Veranda (restaurant) soaking up the sea air. (There's almost always a nice little tucked away private location on some deck to hang when we're not dining.)

Balcony? The whole ship is our balcony. Breakfast and lunch on my Veranda (restaurant) soaking up the sea air. (There's almost always a nice little tucked away private location on some deck to hang when we're not dining.)

Yup, that's what I meant, but didn't say it too well. I was worried, however, beforehand that I might miss it. So, I was hoping to point out to the OP that it seemed unnessesary on Windstar, when, "the whole ship is our balcony."

Beth

Archived