Do Cruise Lines allow a room of 19/19/18/22 year olds?

ConstellationJune3

princess allowed us to book a cabin for 2 kids 16 and 19.. I don't know that they would have allowed them to do that themselves and sail alone, but it was not a problem sailing with family.

we did have to negotiate special exception to bring the 16yo along at all! :), we cruised over christmas and they had already reached their quota of teens.. but must have decided one more wasn't worth losing 5 cabins/10 passengers over..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Several years ago my brother and I (19 and 21) sailed RCI with our parents. Our room was down the hall from theirs.

I believe the rule is that there must be a parent travelling as well, but not in the same room.

I think you're asking if 18-21 year olds can book a cruise and cruise alone, right? I don't think any lines allow that unless they are married and have proof of the marriage.

(Otherwise, cruise ships could possibly be another venue for 'college spring break', which I'm sure they do not want.):D

Princess and Disney allow 18 year olds to book a cabin on their own.

RCCL requires that there be at least somebody 21 or older in each cabin.

Carnival requires that there be somebody over the age of 25 in the cabin if there is any one under the age of 21 in the cabin.

The only exceptions to these rules on most lines are:

1. if you are married.

2. Families traveling together can have people under the age of 21 in a separate adjoining cabin without supervision - but all the people under the age of 21 must be related to one of the people over the age of 21. In other words a mom and dad can't bring their 18 year old twins and a friend and have the twins and friend booked into a separate cabin from the parents, but if it was only their twins sailing with them, they would be allowed to be in a separate cabin.

When we've done it, the travel agent books one adult in each room and splits the kids up so there's no questions asked.

In addition to the married couples exemption, I think I read someplace that they do exemptions for those with military ID.

Viv

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Carnival makes us put someone over 25 in the same room as those under 21, then they allow us to switch it once we board - we just got back from a wonderful trip to Western Carib. - there were 9 of us! 4 cabins.

Valerie in SC

Archived