New Caviar Policy?

mahpotofu

Eagerly awaiting my 8/12 sailing on the Athens to Istanbul itinerary, my first on Sea Dream.

When I was down to a few choices, one fact that really pushed me over the edge toward Sea Dream was the incredibly generous availability of champagne and caviar.

But just this week, I've started to notice references to a new policy, something about limited availability and / or a charge? Anyone know the facts?

Thanks!

In April on SD1, caviar was a little less available than on earlier voyages. It was available at the welcome cocktail party, the Captain's cocktail party, and most nights at least one or more of the cocktail party appetizers has some caviar on it. What is new is that if you order it at other times, there is a charge. Not sure what it is. Plenty of other goodies are orderable at any time at no charge. The cheese tray comes to mind and is perfect for afternoon cocktails on the Bali Beds. Champagne, on the other hand, is free flowing anytime and of good quality. I forgot to mention that caviar is very available at the Champagne & Caviar splash in the surf. Always a highlight.

Jim.

Thanks, Jim - matches the e-mail I just got from Sea Dream exactly. FYI, the charge they quoted was $35 an ounce.

I have to say - it's not like I was planning to live on the stuff, but room service caviar is such an opulent option, it really had captured our imagination. Kind of seems wrong the policy gets changed so quietly, and after I bought my ticket ...

Planning to have a fabulous time anyway. ;-)

Archived