Docking Times on SDII in the Med

ama22

Hi! It's me again, with somemore questions. I'm still not sure about excursions on my SDII Istanbul to Rome cruise. There are some places that I definitely want to do a private excursion. My problem is that the brochure only states Morning for docking and Evening for Leaving a port. I would think I would need my specific times in order to book a private excursion. Anyone run into this problem. I did call Sea Dream and was told you only find out specific times when you get on the ship, because the Captain decides when to dock and when to leave a port.

Can anyone help on how I would go about booking private excursions without knowing the time?

Mary Lou

Mary Lou,

I don't think that it's possible to be any more definitive than what you're currently hearing from SD. In fact, it is our experience that actual arrival and departure times are often not determined until the day in question. Also, every once in a while we find ourselves at a port other than originally scheduled due to weather or sea conditions. That is one reason that scheduling private excursions can be a bit dicey.

Archived