transatlantic??

JoAnne B

Forgive me if this has already been discussed. I'm new to this board and there seems to be a huge gap in postings.

My travel agent suggested that I try SeaDream for a fall transatlantic, but there don't seem to be any fall cruises scheduled. Then the ship moves mystically from the Mediterranean to the Caribbean. The cruise line was closed mouth, only that no cruises are being sold. Does anybody know if the ships are in drydock for this period or possibly chartered out.

Thanks for any information y'all may have.

JoAnne

Joanne,

I just returned from a cruise on the SeaDream I. One of the crew said that on the Spring trip Eastbound, only one of the ships will be carrying passengers (probably about 40) and the other will be deadheading east. It is possible that they just haven't decided whether to carry passengers in the Fall crossing. I was also told that there is a LOT of motion on the crossing, and that many of the passengers get VERY bored after three or four days. You may want to consider a repositioning cruise on a larger line such as Seaborn or Crystal if they are available and affordable.

Thanks. I'm never bored on a transatlantic, but can imagine that it could be a bumpy ride depending on the weather. But that doesn't really account for the missing schedule from July through November.

IN any event, I just gave up and booked the Radisson Diamond. It's not my favorite ship, but at least it leaves out of Funchal, so I won't have to fly back to the mainland.

JoAnne

The ships are chartered for most of the period during which cruises are not listed on the web site. I understand that the SD II will be in drydock this spring for 10 days or so and that crossings not listed are not being sold so that work can be done to the ships while in transit.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived