Seattle Hotel - Sixth Avenue Inn

t-bird

T-Bird:

I live in the Seattle area and have never heard of the hotel. Not sure where it is. Seattle is a great town for walking to everything and hotels are plentiful. Let me know your price range and what you would like in a hotel and I can give you all your options.

Thank you for trying to help me with a hotel in Seattle. The Sixth Avenue Inn looks okay on their website, however we have booked a room at the Mayflower Park on Olive Street. Any thoughts on this?

Thank you for responding. The Mayflower Park looks really nice on their website. Our daughter works for the airlines and that is where they stay on layovers. We're looking forward to it.

You seem to know a lot about Seattle - since you are from there. I have a question for you...

I have checked out multible hotels in the Seattle area, and then decided to do a Priceline and got the Westin for $130.00 a night. Do you know anything about this hotel? Nice? Not nice? Did I get a good deal, and how about the location? Is it in the center of things?

Thanks!

Hi Beth: Yes keep the reservation. The "W" (as we call it in Seattle) is fairly new, about 2 years old, in the center of downtown area and very nice and clean. Great price as well....... GOOD FOR YOU!

I am not sure how long you are going to be in town but try to take a walk to the Pike Place Market, its a neat area with flowers and coffee shops, fish stands, fruist/veggie stands. Also the Seattle Art Musuem is in the area, lots of shopping on Fourth Ave, if you are looking for a good place to have dinner, there is Tulio (Italian) Anthony's Pier (fish) Etta's (Seafood) Palace Kitchen (mixed) and many others.

Seattle is very safe at night and you will not have any problems walking around town. If you like the night life you can visit Pioneer Square; its an area with lots of local talent and great bars. Also don't forget Safeco Field (even though the Mariners are doing horrible) its a great stadium to see a game in.

If I can do anything else, please let me know......Enjoy your visit

Hi Beth: Yes keep the reservation. The "W" (as we call it in Seattle) is fairly new, about 2 years old, in the center of downtown area and very nice and clean.
Sorry, I need to clarify some misinformation. While I no longer live in Seattle (or across the Sound in Kingston), I am VERY familiar with the area (my family has lived there for over 150 years). The rest of my family still lives there and would never forgive me if I let this go by.

The "W" (as it's known in Seattle and elsewhere) is a different hotel from the Westin. Both are part of the Starwood group and very nice. The Westin is at 1900 Fifth Avenue, while the W is located at 1112 Fourth Avenue.

The Westin is older than the W, I seem to remember the Westin being built in the late 60 or early 70s. It is very near the monorail (great access to the Seattle Center with the Experience Music and the new Sci-Fi museum) and very convenient to the original Nordstrom's and other shopping as well.

Enjoy!

Oops, there was a fire with the Monorail yesterday - so you can't count on that. Sorry

Archived