Halifax

Has anyone used A World Class Limousine & Shuttle, Inc. for the Halifax & Peggys Cove tour? Price is certainly right but would like input. Molega Tours is another. We like to go it alone vs. ship tours.

• 3 weeks later...
Not too sure of the ones you've mentioned but just outside the terminal are several Cabs for hire. I'd attempt to get another couple or so to split the costs. Also they suggest you settle on the price prior to leaving. I'm sure the cabbies will negotiate to get your business. You can also rent a car and do some touring. We did from Enterprise. Total was $60.00. Went to Peggy's Cove and the SwissAir 111 Memorial.

Enjoy your stay. Halifax is fantastic. Only sorry we weren't there for a couple of days.

Thanks Dave, I have a Dodge mini van rented at Hertz just in case. There will be 6 or 8 of us and I thought the Limo would be fun. We were quoted a price of $260 total for a 4 hour tour of Halifax & Peggys Cove with World Class Limo and Shuttle. Their 14 passenger bus is $200 which isn't too bad. Some wanted the van as we could see better. I also would like to go on down to Lunenburg which would almost double the cost. The van is only $56 US at todays rate so best bargain of the 3. Then we go where we want.

• 4 weeks later...
There are several rental places about a block away from the ship. I've rented a car (Enterprise)for about $45 CAD ($36 US) so we can head down to Peggy's Cove. The ship's tour for two is $96 US.

When you get into Halifax, inside the terminal are several Rental Agencies. Enterprise main office is in the train station about a 5 minute walk up the hill. Sometimes they have drivers there to transfer you to their office. My wife made the reservations and found Enteprise the best. They have maps and suggestions for you. I kind of like the tours only because you get to talk to the locals and get some insite from them, plus you get more of the local color from them. If you can after leaving Peggy's Cove go a couple of km further and stop at the SwissAir 111 Memorial. It's very moving.
Also, Peggy's Cove drive is about 1 hr from downtown Halifax, not sure about Lunenberg.
A short walk up the harbor (Boardwalk) is more tours along the harbor. You'll see the tour boats when you get to Halifax.

Enjoy your cruise, WE did.

• 9 months later...
Tennis847, let my suggest you contact Jonathan at [url]www.yourcab.ca[/url] before you make any final reservations for Halifax. We were in Halifax recently one of the stops while on a cruise. There were 6 of us looking for something to do in the city. Just by luck we were put in contact with him. He picked us up in a van and gave us one of the best, if not the best, personal tour of a city we have every had. He suggested places to see and allowed us to comment on what we would like to do. We went to Peggy's Cove at a time of day when the busses were gone. We went to lunch at a great restaurant. We went to the Titanic cemetary, and so much more. His prices are quite resonable.

Archived