Big Red Boat

Avril

I have heard stories of this ship but have never seen her (except one picture in Cruise Travel magazine). I know she doesn't exist anymore since the only picture I have seen of her she was beached at Alang. :( I was wondering, has anyone ever been on her and has pictures they would like to share? I love old ships. :D

Anyone have pictures from a cruise they took on the Big Red Boat? I'd love to see them!! :D

Hi Avril,

There were Two big Red Boats, BRB2 was the Edinburgh Castle that went to Alang for scrap.

BRB1 went to the Spainish Cruise Line, Pullmantur, as the Oceanic, which might still be cruising the Med?

Regards, BJC

There have been numerous ships called BIG RED BOAT as well as others that were Big Red Boats but did not have that name.

The one photographed at Alang would have been either THE BIG RED BOAT II or THE BIG RED BOAT III.

THE BIG RED BOAT I was just a marketing name for STARSHIP OCEANIC, which is still in service as Pullmantur's OCEANIC in the Med. (The ship seen by zjbell51 must have been another Pullmantur ship - probably HOLIDAY DREAM - because OCEANIC does not go to the Caribbean.)

There was also STARSHIP ATLANTIC, now MSC's MELODY while STARSHIP MAJESTIC is now Globalia's NEW FLAMENCO. Finally, STARSHIP ROYALE - the original Big Red Boat - later became SEABREEZE and sank of the US East Coast in 2001 (no passengers were aboard and nobody was injured).

• 4 weeks later...

Archived