Looking Ahead~ SD2 Malaga-Tenerife-Miami '08

alita

I've been booked on the Tenerife-Miami '08 crossing for several months and today I added the cruise before that from Malaga to Tenerife. Seventeen days of bliss on the bali beds and dear Captain J driving the ship... what more could anyone ask for? Of course one thing would be good friends such as ctbjr y su señora... won't you two try for the early boarding? It's only a 6 day segment and has interesting ports I've not visited before. And something in its favor is that one doesn't have to fly to Tenerife!

I know there are several booked on the crossing; I looked back through the threads but couldn't anything. Perhaps we can make this the official SD2 November crossing thread...

¡Color me contentísima!:p

alita

Great to hear that you've extended your planned voyage in November, 2008, alita. Mrs. ctbjr and I are indeed booked on the tenerife-miami leg currently. 17 days away from home, work and children is unfortunately too long for us at this stage of things. We'll have to travel vicariously with you for those first 6 days before joining you, the Capt. and his crew as planned in Tenerife. Of course, it seems to me that some of us have another crossing to accomplish prior to November '08 don't we?

What the heck's Victoria Rural? We're considering but not yet committed to February in Caribbean. Would love to do it but have other issues that may preclude our doing so. Will certainly keep you posted.

Yes, how quickly we forget! That's one of the places we are considering staying prior to the November '07 crossing. Since this thread was about '08, I wasn't focused on '07. Guess I better get with the program, eh?

And the savings you'll get on airfare to mainland Spain instead of gettng taken to the woodshed on a one-way to Tenerife will probably pay for one of the Malaga-Tenerife fares...

Shack

shack... one big advantage is that I'll be able to ship my cruise luggage directly to the ship in Malaga and not have to drag it around while I'm travelling in Spain. IPS delivers to mainland Spain but for some reason not to Tenerife.

Any more names to add to one or both of these sailings???

From the look of things, I think the Captain is single handidly selling out this crossing to past guests who have sailed with him before! It seems as though many of you know each other, and I look forward to meeting you. At this time, I am scheduled to be on the 2008 crossing with my Mother as my cruising partner, and my husband is remaining at home.....but that may change many times before the year passes. Fall of 2008 is a long way off.......

• 3 weeks later...

I’ve been lurking and lurking on this board for awhile & enjoying all that had been said The TA crossings are my favorite being doing it frequently with Cunard & Seabourn (both of them had been booked again for next spring ‘08) But Seadream is calling me and the Nov.’08 crossing looks tempting specially boarding in Malaga - Tenerife - Miami 17 days WOW! Any recommendation would be appreciated. Thanks

Archived