Thinking of Seadream

Chicago4

My wife and I have been on numerous cruises including 3 trips with Regent (our favorite by far). Our travel agent mentioned Seadream as something a little different. I have read some of the postings and everything seems great. We both turned fifty-ten (denial for 60) this year and look forward to being with all ages. We are very active and work out at the club 4 times a week including spinning classes where the average age is probably 40.

Any comments from previous or current Seadreams travellers?

Although our name shows as Chicago4 it is just the two of us this time.

Chicago4: We're from the Chicago area also and are going on our first Sea Dream cruise in Sept. We are around your age, play golf a lot and are fairly active. What I believe about Sea Dream, (will learn more after our cruise) is that you can be as active as you choose. What I like about Sea Dream is the size of the ship and the low number of passengers. We aren't into a lot of entertainment, we are not night owls and enjoy the ports more than the cruising. We are really looking forward to this cruise, only 40 some more days. I am hoping we love this type of travel, and that you will too.

Mary Lou

Hello fellow Chicagoans. We are taking our second Seadream cruise December 16th. I think that both of you are going to love it. Seadream is something completely different, even from the other small ship cruise lines. On our Caribbean cruise with Seadream, it appeared to me that most of the passengers were quite active. My husband & I joined most of the snorkeling excursions, and they were well attended. We are also in the 50 - 60 age range. I think we were among the older passengers on our cruise, though most were only a few years younger.

We lived in the Chicago area until 3 years ago when we moved back south after my husband retired. We went on our first Sea Dream Cruise last January and loved it! I am 60 and my husband 64. You are right , it is as active as you want to make it. There are lots of things to do although you are on a small ship. You really get to meet the people on board because you see them over and over. It's like going to a party every night because there is a cocktail hour before dinner every night where you can meet lots of people too. The staff is fabulous and the service is outstanding! I can't think of a bad thing to say about Sea Dream!

SD is our absolute favorite vacation let alone cruise line for many reasons!

We love the way the staff and officers treat you like your a member of the family (in a good way:p). We love the small size of the ship which allows you to do as much or as little as you'd like.

We are in our mid-40s and have found that age really doesn't matter on SD!

Archived