Great Private Tour of HAlifax/Peggy's Cove

Just returned from Carnival Victory Cruise to Canada. My 2 friends and I took a fabulous 4 hour HAlifax/Peggy's Cove private car tour with Bob McClintok from www.tourbytaxi.com. He took us to breathtaking tiny fishing villages all the while giving us a great feel for this beautiful city and surrounding areas. I highly recommend it. I'm happy to answer any questions you might have.

I booked him over the internet. The cost was $50 US/person. There were 3 of us. Of course we tipped him at the end. Isent him a check for $50 to hold the reservation. He met us at the terminal in Halifax when we got off the boat holding a sign with my name on it. We had about 45 min. to walk around Peggy's Cove and shop and had an ice cream. We were back in town to shop by 2:00 pm. Go on his web site and take a look. We really enjoyed it.

PS Had more time for great lobster/clams on St. John ( a smaller city...less to see) opposite cruise terminal. I can't remember the name of the placed but you can't miss it...big sign says lobster... Enjoy

I just booked Bob's tours by taxi for Oct 6th in Halifax. I found about him on this site and other threads. He can accomodate 4 people for his 4 hour private tour. My husband and I would like 2 more people to join us to keep the cost down, currently $144 US total ( or $36.50 each if 4 people) We are on the Regal Princess 10/01 out of New york to Montreal. Let me know if anyone's interested.

• 1 month later...
We hired Bob for the 4 hours Peggy's Cove tour. He was very informative, knew a lot about the history, geology and so on about the area. He was also very professional.

Thanks for the good recommendation.

We opted to rent a car from enterprise.. if you have another couple sharing that car it would cost perhaps 20.00 tops for a full size per couple

We do miss the narration of a guide.. but we drove to Peggys Cove.. stopped where ever we wanted.. ate in a cute homey place near the lighthouse and had a great bowl of chowder and hot tea.. then took the ride back via the coastal route.. nice scenic places to stop as well.. then headed into town to the harbor market for lunch.. tons of lobster there.. either saltys or captain jacks.. then we did the museum

Again, we had our options of doing anything we wanted.

In St Johns we did a 5 hour + tour of St Martins.. reversing tides morning and later in the day. ANd a lot lot more.. from freedomtours.com if one books there ask for Cal, he was a grand guide.

Enjoy

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.tourbytaxi.com/

We also used Bob's service on a recent cruise and were very pleased. He is very personable and will show you way more than any ship tour. We did the six hour tour and it ended up being at least 7 1/2.

He really seems to enjoy showing tourists the sites, explaining the history, has a quick wit and is very personable. The six hour tour is $216 US and split four ways, plus tip, was more than worth it.

Archived