roatan time

margincall

ok i might be wrong but i think this is how it works.

Florida will be -5 hrs come 11/28, Honduras will be -6 hrs so there will be 1 hr difference so if you are there form 11-7 it is actually 10-6.

but that being said there are also conflicting reports about using port time not ship time. sorry i couldn't be more help

if you just google search the place you are going then time zone

for example honduras time zone the first option should be a site called timeanddate.com they have all the timezone settings.

I was told Rotan is on mountain time by a vendor there. I was told by carnival that the times they show from ports are port times and not ship time. I was worried that we get there at 7 am it would only be 5am in rotan. I hope I got the right info from Carnival

Mike

Roatan doesn't but most of the United states does so that will effect the time difference depending on where you go.

That's why I phrased things the way I did. I couldn't compare "ship time" to "Roatan time" - you'd need to know the date of the cruise (in or out of "savings time") as well as where the cruise leaves from (since the typical rule is that the ship time = home port time).

When the US and Canada, etc... are on DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME, Roatan is on CENTRAL TIME. As of right now, we are on MOUNTAIN TIME.

In regards to this ship time/island time issue....very few ships have their guests change their watches when they go aboard. It is seldom that I have seen ships change their clocks to a particular island's time, as often that ship may go to other ports where the time zone is different from the last port (what a hassle changing clocks).

In my experience, for example, all Carnival ships leaving Florida stay on EASTERN TIME, which as I said above, means either a ONE hour or TWO hour difference from Roatan, depending on the time of year.

In the last 2 weeks, there have been 4 Carnival arrivals on Roatan (Valor, Glory and the Legend twice). In all of these instances, the ship was NOT on island time, and the guests were informed by the cruiseline of the two hour difference.

Now saying all this, doesn't mean it's written in stone. The reason why is due to the fact that both the Glory and the Legend are currently arriving on Roatan at 5AM !!....(which is 7AM ship time). According to Carnival employees who we see off the ship, some guests are upset as to the reason why Carnival is NOT letting anyone off the ship UNTIL 7AM (9AM ship time)....Well, it's simple....there is no one up at 5AM....and that means 90% of the police, and the people who handle the logisitcs, etc.....so the guests have to wait until the island is ready the security of it's guests.

Due to this early arrival time, I can see Carnival "looking" into the fact that changing the time on the ship to match Roatan, might result in a whole lot of less questions from the guests....We'll have to wait and see....

Until then, please know that there is a TIME DIFFERENCE between the posted port times, and the real time on the island.

I hope that helps..:confused:

When the US and Canada, etc... are on DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME, Roatan is on CENTRAL TIME. As of right now, we are on MOUNTAIN TIME.

In regards to this ship time/island time issue....very few ships have their guests change their watches when they go aboard. It is seldom that I have seen ships change their clocks to a particular island's time, as often that ship may go to other ports where the time zone is different from the last port (what a hassle changing clocks).

In my experience, for example, all Carnival ships leaving Florida stay on EASTERN TIME, which as I said above, means either a ONE hour or TWO hour difference from Roatan, depending on the time of year.

In the last 2 weeks, there have been 4 Carnival arrivals on Roatan (Valor, Glory and the Legend twice). In all of these instances, the ship was NOT on island time, and the guests were informed by the cruiseline of the two hour difference.

Now saying all this, doesn't mean it's written in stone. The reason why is due to the fact that both the Glory and the Legend are currently arriving on Roatan at 5AM !!....(which is 7AM ship time). According to Carnival employees who we see off the ship, some guests are upset as to the reason why Carnival is NOT letting anyone off the ship UNTIL 7AM (9AM ship time)....Well, it's simple....there is no one up at 5AM....and that means 90% of the police, and the people who handle the logisitcs, etc.....so the guests have to wait until the island is ready the security of it's guests.

Due to this early arrival time, I can see Carnival "looking" into the fact that changing the time on the ship to match Roatan, might result in a whole lot of less questions from the guests....We'll have to wait and see....

Until then, please know that there is a TIME DIFFERENCE between the posted port times, and the real time on the island.

I hope that helps..:confused:

Captain Van,

On another thread it was discussed that the CruiseCal website has changed the Legend going to Roatan back to Cozumel starting next week. It may just be a mistake with the CruiseCal but it was showing the Legend in Roatan on Nov 9th just a couple of days ago. Have you heard anything about this? Thanks in advance!

Captain Van,

On another thread it was discussed that the CruiseCal website has changed the Legend going to Roatan back to Cozumel starting next week. It may just be a mistake with the CruiseCal but it was showing the Legend in Roatan on Nov 9th just a couple of days ago. Have you heard anything about this? Thanks in advance!

We have been informed that the change in itinerary to the Legend in regards to it's stopping on Roatan every Friday, is a long term commitment. To date, we have been informed that it will be 40+ stops, which puts us into 2009.

Of course I have do not have written confirmation, but if you visit the Carnival website, and go to the Legend "sail dates and pricing" page, it shows Roatan as the Friday destination every week, for every month until sometime in 2009.

Legend 12/2 sailing itinerary has changed, now to Roatan on Wednesday from 11:00am to 6:00 pm (which would be 9:00 am to 4 pm local time, if i'm getting the drift).

First of all, since the USA will be on Daylight Savings Time, your 11-6pm time on Roatan, now means only a 1 hour difference....(10-5pm).....which is a much better schedule for seeing our island.

I am curious though, as to why that is the only week where the Legend is here on Roatan on a WED, rather than it's usual FRI..

Hopefully, they'll be able to adjust the FRI itinerary to the same time as this one, as it far more easier to manage, in regards to seeing and doing all that our tourists want to do....:)

Ok, I will be there 10/26 on the Legend from 8-3. Daylight Saving time is not observed here in FL until the first weekend in November, so if I understand correctly...we will be in Roatan island time from 6-1??? Sorry to sound like a ditz...I've been trying to plan a trip with Victor or Roatan Cab tours and I want to make sure we have enough time to zipline, snorkel and see the island and if Carnival is not letting us off until 8 Roatan time and we have to be back by 1 Roatan time I don't want to plan too much.

Ok, I will be there 10/26 on the Legend from 8-3. Daylight Saving time is not observed here in FL until the first weekend in November, so if I understand correctly...we will be in Roatan island time from 6-1??? Sorry to sound like a ditz...I've been trying to plan a trip with Victor or Roatan Cab tours and I want to make sure we have enough time to zipline, snorkel and see the island and if Carnival is not letting us off until 8 Roatan time and we have to be back by 1 Roatan time I don't want to plan too much.

I am also in "the business", and I can tell you that Legend is allowing passengers off at 7AM (9 AM ship time), in order to maximize the time they have on our island. As long as the tour company you use, has reserved you a spot on the canopy tour (there are 3 independents to choose from), then there won't be too much of a wait.

However, with the limited time you have here, and from experience, you will need to be onboard the ship at around noon (2PM island time)...That leaves about 5 hours to do all you can...Please leave 2 hours for the zip line.

Thanks!! I just sent you an email through your business so I'll look forward to you answer there about "stuff" :-) I've also emailed my PVP with carnival to make sure this is ship time that we will be there. I am awaiting reply but I'm sure it's ship time. Thanks again.

Thanks!! I just sent you an email through your business so I'll look forward to you answer there about "stuff" :-) I've also emailed my PVP with carnival to make sure this is ship time that we will be there. I am awaiting reply but I'm sure it's ship time. Thanks again.

First of all, since the USA will be on Daylight Savings Time, your 11-6pm time on Roatan, now means only a 1 hour difference....(10-5pm).....which is a much better schedule for seeing our island.

I am curious though, as to why that is the only week where the Legend is here on Roatan on a WED, rather than it's usual FRI..

Hopefully, they'll be able to adjust the FRI itinerary to the same time as this one, as it far more easier to manage, in regards to seeing and doing all that our tourists want to do....:)

okay, hopefully; they'll remind us onboard when "it's time";)

wasn't aware it's the only week with the change; only way i found out was in checking Carnival's site to see if any more excursions were offered. Haven't received "email notification" yet...you know, the one wherein guests can "jump ship" and cancel after their final payment restrictions begin? Don't think the folk on the Glory (with massive schedule changes) have even gotten said email.:rolleyes:

was thinking the reasoning is perhaps to save on fuel/less miles and to expand the port time?

Archived