spanish reef resort

knothead

Can anyone tell me about this place? Is it a nice place to swim & snorkel? I have read somewhere that there is not much beach here, Does this mean no sand to sun in? Is the pool nice?

Some one please tell me all you know!

are cabs available out front to take you back to ship area?

[quote name='knothead']Can anyone tell me about this place? Is it a nice place to swim & snorkel? I have read somewhere that there is not much beach here, Does this mean no sand to sun in? Is the pool nice?

are cabs available out front to take you back to ship area?[/QUOTE]

I haven't been there but I'll tell you what I have read. SRR is an all inclusive resort at the north end of the west side of the island. It does not have a sandy beach, the kind you are thinking of, that goes out into the water like 7 mile. There might be sand on the property, but the shore is iron shore. The snorkeling and shore diving is supposed to be pretty good there, but you had better have water shoes or dive booties to walk over the iron shore to get into the water.

The resort itself is smaller, and while it is well kept up, it is older. Nice place but not a Marriot or Westin. And no sandy beach.

'fraid I don't know about the cabs, but I'm sure someone at the front desk would be able to call one for you. Be prepared for a time consuming ride back to the ship if you are trying to go into Georgetown in the late afternoon. Traffic on the west end can be pretty bad.

Archived