SDII Dec. 23rd--CEO on Board

savysailor

Anyone on SDII Dec. 23-30 with the "CEO" and family?

I was on the Dec. 14-23rd SDII sailing and want to relate a nice thing the "Owner" did for Chef Jes. He suprised the Chef by flying his mother from England to St. Barth so they could have a brief visit before the holiday cruise. It was a lovely gesture by SeaDream and so wonderful and touching seeing them happy together.

I heard that Jess actually had tears in his eyes when he was surprised with his mom's visit!

Additionally, we had none of the issues on our sailing that I am reading about regarding the SD I on the other comment headings.

Perhaps the "issues" are unique to the personnel at this time on the SD I, and not applicable to the SD II ?

After all, even though they have the same names, they are unique experiences, with different staff and itineraries.

Over the years, the SDII has had, I believe, slightly better feedback than the SDI.

I thought our cruise was wonderful !

Now, fellow passengers, I am still looking for photos....

What a wonderful gift for Jess! We so enjoyed his cuisine and personality when we sailed with him on SD2. He seemed to enjoy grilling for us on Prickly Pear as much as we enjoyed eating there:D

We have sailed SD1 and SD2 and are scheduled to sail on SD1 March 16. Our trip on SD2 was our favorite, to date. I agree that the ships have different personalities ... a lot of it doing with the captain and the hotel manager. I am hoping that the issues that I have read about regarding SD1 are soon resolved.

Anyone on SDII Dec. 23-30 with the "CEO" and family?

I was on the Dec. 14-23rd SDII sailing and want to relate a nice thing the "Owner" did for Chef Jes. He suprised the Chef by flying his mother from England to St. Barth so they could have a brief visit before the holiday cruise. It was a lovely gesture by SeaDream and so wonderful and touching seeing them happy together.

That was nice that the "owner" surprised chef Jes with a visit with his Mom, was she there the entire week? Does he do this very often? What a lovely gesture indeed.

I am hoping that the issues that I have read about regarding SD1 are soon resolved.

Jen, please be assured that not everyone had issues. While I do believe that the issues experienced by the OP and some others are valid, I think that they are isolated. I am certainly not trying to excuse Seadream, these things should not have happened. But I did not learn of any of this until I read these boards after returning from the cruise. DH and I, and others we spent time with on board, had an absolutely fantastic cruise with few or no issues. My cruise evaluation form, at least, reflected that.

Jen, please be assured that not everyone had issues. While I do believe that the issues experienced by the OP and some others are valid, I think that they are isolated. I am certainly not trying to excuse Seadream, these things should not have happened. But I did not learn of any of this until I read these boards after returning from the cruise. DH and I, and others we spent time with on board, had an absolutely fantastic cruise with few or no issues. My cruise evaluation form, at least, reflected that.

Thanks for the reassurance Zimmy. Friends of a friend are sailing SD1 in the next few weeks and I'll get a report then as well:p

The days just can't go fast enough at this point!

Archived