Crossing November 2008

LBLB

I am already getting so "up" about this crossing. You regulars, and folks who know each other....I have booked the Sheraton...can I convince anyone to join me there for one night? I have those wonderful SPG points...and free is usually good....

Just starting a new thread...

I know it is early, but that is my next SD on schedule.

This will be my #4...I feel like a newbie with all your repeaters!

anyone willing to try the Sheraton at Tenerife with me?

Nice to see a thread about what is currently our next SD trip also. I assume that you're on SD 2?

Haven't quite yet figured out where we'll be staying. We were at the Sheraton in 2006 and at the Rural Victoria (thanks, alita) in 2007, both of which are fine. I'm sure that you'll find fellow cruisers at the Sheraton but I'm equally sure that there will be a contingent at the Rural Victoria.

Looking forward to meeting you in a few months.

Nice to see a thread about what is currently our next SD trip also. I assume that you're on SD 2?

Haven't quite yet figured out where we'll be staying. We were at the Sheraton in 2006 and at the Rural Victoria (thanks, alita) in 2007, both of which are fine. I'm sure that you'll find fellow cruisers at the Sheraton but I'm equally sure that there will be a contingent at the Rural Victoria.

Looking forward to meeting you in a few months.

I look forward to meeting you also. Enjoy your spring/summer!

• 1 month later...

JS and I are on for the November crossing on SD II, looking forward to seeing LB again!

We still are trying to sort out how to get there and what to do. Thinking of going to Madrid for a few days and then to Tenerife the day before departure. Sounds like the Sheraton is the it spot for pre-departure but wondering if anyone is spending time in Madrid prior to the cross and if so, recommendations for things to do, etc. Hoping to use points for hotel so that's not a worry but more about putting the whole thing together.

Can't wait to get on board and just sit back and relax!

Archived