WindSurf Room ?/New Year's

xsnowman99

DH and I are hoping to book the new year's cruise on Wind Surf. There are limited rooms left and wonder if anyone has info on room 341 (3rd deck) which is completely forward on that deck? Noisy?

Also, does the Surf have celebrations for New Years Eve? Thanks. We have sailed WindStar 2x's but did our arrangements early enough we could pick our preferred cabin. Thanks in advance.

That one is right next to where the crew eat. The Windstar agent when we book the Atlantic crossing said it's noisy, so we took a cabin more in the middle. While we were sailing we walked past there at times on the way to eat, and it indeed was noisy at times.

DH and I are hoping to book the new year's cruise on Wind Surf.

Also, does the Surf have celebrations for New Years Eve? Thanks. We have sailed WindStar 2x's but did our arrangements early enough we could pick our preferred cabin. Thanks in advance.

I can't answer as to what they do on the Surf, but I was on the Wind Star last New Year's eve. They had a champagne toast and noisemakers and goofy hats and a changing of the year ceremony with the captain and oldest and youngest crew members ringing the ship's bell on deck. Music and dancing on deck through the night with the crew joining in. Lot's of fun seeing the waiters dancing the macarena. Some people dressed up, but most were in their every day clothes. New Year's eve happened to fall on the night of the on-deck b-b-que, so many people were in shorts, t-shirts, and flip-flops.

Have fun,

Jackie

Archived