VOS question - please help!

Want to go on VOS in March, 2009 for spring break. Am not sure about the itenerary as had really wanted to go to Grand Cayman but dates don't work out. Please offer suggestions/comments on:

Cozumel

Roatan, Honduras

Costa Maya, Mexico

Yucatan (Progreso), Mexico

Anything water realted, zip lines, parasailing that an 18 year old guy may enjoy? Thanks, in advance, for your help. You all are great!!!!

Susan

Roatan: 3rd best snorkeling and diving locale in the world!!!!

Cozumel; Snorkel or dive...from a boat, not from the beach..coral near the beach will take years to recover from the hurrican 3 years ago.

Costa Maya...super day at the beach/snorkeling at UVARO BEACH

Progresso...cave swimming (undergorund rivers, 1 hr bus ride each way, but you get to swim in two different underground rivers.

AND besides..you get to leave money at Carlos N Charlies in Cozumel...make you you being a designated carrier to be sure you do not miss the ship!

Want to go on VOS in March, 2009 for spring break. Am not sure about the itenerary as had really wanted to go to Grand Cayman but dates don't work out. Please offer suggestions/comments on:

Cozumel

Roatan, Honduras

Costa Maya, Mexico

Yucatan (Progreso), Mexico

Anything water realted, zip lines, parasailing that an 18 year old guy may enjoy? Thanks, in advance, for your help. You all are great!!!!

Susan

We did this with-out Costa Maya this year and did Costa Maya last year before the hurricane. I much prefer these ports over the Jamacia and Grand Cayman. My teens loved these ports.Roatan- zipline and beach,

Costa Maya- parasailing, one hour reef snorkeling trips and/or great ruins close by. Cozumel -parasailing, banana boats, jet skis, swimming with the dolphins, Progresso-, beach breaks or trips to interesting clear swimming holes called cenotes. I am sad our spring break is the week that the Voyager goes to Jamacia, G.C. and Cozumel

Enjoy

Sandy

My family absolutely loved Roatan. We went to Foster's beach where my husband, son, and oldest daughter went on a great snorkeling tour while I stayed at the beach with dd2. The island reminds me of the show Lost. It's very lush, hilly, and colorful. Cozumel has nice shopping, although we spent our time at Paradise Beach. Progresso is good if you want to take a tour of mayan ruins, otherwise it is so-so.

Thanks so much for the information. I actually went by T.A. yesterday and was so close to booking with Carnival instead - but the cost was astronomical!!!! Am not sure the T.A. is very well informed either. Want this to be special trip for my family - thanks again for your in-put.

Susan

If you are not a swimmer or beach person, like us, try the Pirates, Birds and Monkeys of the Caribbean. Best non-water tour in Roatan. That night we had people (strangers) telling us they wish they came with us instead of heading to the beach because everyone that took this tour sounded like they had the best time.

I'm just off the Voyager. In Cozumel, we went to Xcaret and swam in the underground river. In Roatan, we booked with Victor Bodden Tours and I ziplined at South Shore, played with his monkey, ate lunch, had beach time, shopped, etc. In Progreso, we traveled to Chichen Itza. It was a fun trip - great ship, wonderful entertainment, good excursions. Enjoy your trip!!!

Archived