Has anyone used Bob Sotos Reef Divers?

natesfirewife

I don't know if they are the same tour co. that everyone is talking about when they say Soto's so I thought I would ask. I was thinking about using them for the Resort Scuba Course and Bubblemakers program and wanted to know if anyone has used them and what they thought. I wanted to go with Neptune but the timing doesn't look like it'll work out.

Misty

Never used them, but have friends that recommend the company. Their friend, Ron Kipp, just retired from ownership with Bob Soto's. He owned the compnay for many years and is still active with the company.

Our friends were to go on a diving vacation in October and link up with Soto's and Ron Kipp. I don't know what they will do now.

Here is an ironic quote from Kipp in an article dated 1997.

It's NOT Dangerous to Travel During Hurricane Season! Especially in the Cayman Islands, located in the Western Caribbean. This unfortunate idea has been caused during the last few years by television and other media sensationalism preying on the general public's ignorance of the vast geography of the Caribbean region. Because of this, Bob Soto's Diving, Ltd. President Ron Kipp is on a crusade to "blow away this myth and restore travelers' confidence about the safety of travel to Cayman" during the June 1- December 1 official hurricane season. Hurricanes are extremely rare in Cayman.
:eek:

Archived