San Francisco Hotels

Trixsea

We are staying in the Union Square area. Just a short taxi ride to the pier from anywhere in downtown SF. If you want to stay in the Fisherman's Wharf area, you can bid 3* Priceline San Francisco (Fisherman's Wharf). You will get one of five hotels: Hyatt at FW; Sheraton FW; Marriott at FW; Hilton SF at FW; or the Tuscan Inn. I've only stayed at the Tuscan Inn and it was pretty nice. All these hotels will be a five minute taxi to the cruise ship pier.

Good Luck!

Kel

Terry I would definitely go with Priceline. I would book a cancelable hotel within your budget and then about 3-4 wks prior to your cruise bid about $65 for a three star in the Fishermans Wharf area. We had the Hyatt in May. It was close to everything, including a grocery store. We walked to the pier in the morning. It was great. :)

"Operators of 10 downtown hotels locked out union employees yesterday (10/1/04), the latest move in an increasingly bitter labor feud that threatens the city's slowly rebounding tourism industry . . .

. . . The four hotels struck Wednesday are the Argent Hotel, the Crowne Plaza Union Square, the Hilton and the Intercontinental Mark Hopkins.

The 10 hotels locking out union workers are the Fairmont, Four Seasons, Grand Hyatt San Francisco, Holiday Inn Civic Center, Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fisherman's Wharf, Holiday Inn at Fisherman's Wharf, Palace, Hyatt Regency, Omni and Westin St. Francis."

Tom

Archived