Pre-Cruise Accessible Transit and Hotels--Houston or Galveston

Moonstoners

Any suggestions on reasonably-priced pre-cruise hotels in either Galveston (where we're sailing from) or Houston (where we're flying into)? Our one major concern is being able to find accessible transit to the pier for ourselves (5 of us) and our wheelchair-bound son, who can't transfer out of the chair to ride in a regular vehicle.

Awaiting your replies.

R. Aubrey Hawton

I would contact the hotel if they have airport shuttles then under ADA they must also have Accessible shuttles for the same price. If your hotel does not offer transport contact where you are flying into for suggestions on transport. You may have to pre-book a limo service. Alsocontact the city as they may have accessible transprt under handi-trans or some such title.

We stayed at the Comfort Inn at the seawall beach. The room was a free promo so I don't know what the rate is. But it provides free cruise parking if you stay 2 nights. The old trolley runs from the hotel to 1 block from the terminal.

I drove my wife and our luggage to the terminal, drove back to hotel, parked then rode trolley ($0.50 for senior) back to ship. I reversed the trip for departure.

Galveston is neat city so staying 2 nights was fun. Good restaurants.

There is pay for park across road from ship terminal.

Archived