San Juan Suggestions Please

njoyndride

I will be in San Juan celebrating the big 50 prior to a Serenade cruise. I would like to stay in a 5-star hotel luxery hotel, for this celebration $$$ is no object. We've always flown in the day of the cruise so I have no clue what area to stay in or which are the best hotels. Any help would be appreciated.:)

Happy Birthday,

If money is no object and you want to stay in San Juan. I would reccommend the Ritz Carlton. If you want to get out of the city the Horned Dorset Primavera is wonderful. It is in Rincon on the west coast. Luxurious, no phones, no tv, very quiet just fantastic. If you want something larger and out of town the El Conquisstador is very nice.

Just a few suggestions.

mcboo

Thanks so much mcboo, I looked at the Ritz Carlton and it appears to be just what I was looking for and I appreciate the post and suggestion. My birthday is not until next year but I think it's a great excuse for a wonderful cruise vacation.

Stay at the Ritz. The staff is top notch. The rooms could use some freshening up. They are redoing the Club Level and as I recall there was pipe & drape hung up in other places so I think they are redoing some of the rest of the place. I stayed there 2 nights pre-cruise on 10/15-17.

I used Marriott points. I was a little dissappointed that it wasn't perfect and up to expectations. BUT, as I said, the staff was WONDERFUL and it is BY FAR the BEST property in SJ ( and a I was in 4....3 over the course of 1 1/2 days!) The Ritz is the ONLY one I didn't walk out of!!!

Make sure you get a good room. If you want a good meal of cuban/local food try Metropol which is kind of across the street. Nothing fancy but the food is good and reasonably priced. Try the Cuabn feast...a little bit of everything! We ate there 2 nights in a row. Email me if you have any more ???s...I also have a few pictures that I will post, or maybe I can send you, I just don't know how to do it yet!

Thanks so much for all the info Meg! There's nothing like first hand experience. What did you think of Adventure? I'm vascilating between Adventure and Serenade. We were on Serenade last year, it's a beautiful ship but something new is good too.

I appreciate the restaurant lead too, sounds right up our alley. I'd rather eat authentic than have crystal and silver and have the food taste like it came out of the microwave.

What do you consider a good room? If you don't mind sending me a couple pics my email is njoyndride@hotmail.com

Archived