Photo of interial room with one upper berth

kwbound

We are taking our 20 yr old son with us on the Conquest in May. To save money, we booked an interior cabin with 1 upper birth for the 3rd person. I'm really worried about how little space there is going to be. Does anyone have a photo of an interior room with the upper birth made out?

Thanks!

PS - Yes I know - should be "Interior"...how embarrassing!

but three of us did fine with an interior with one pull down bed for our 17 year old son. at the time he was over 6 feet, and around 220 pounds. only a little tight when we were getting ready for dinner but otherwise never had an issue with space. we did not spend very much time in the room, as there was just too much to do. we have only been on three cruises, but room space has never been somrthing to be concerned with for us. you will be fine.

doug

This helps a lot. Thanks so much. I think the challenge will be making our son understand that this is not his apartment and he is not going to be able to drop things around where ever.

Thanks again.

We had three grown women in a room with an upper berth. I drew the short straw. :) It wasn't bad at all - but organization is key. Everyone had a few shelves of space for just their stuff and we shared an over the door shoe rack for all of our bathroom items. It was doable. :)

It's doable! We had our twins put together and then push to the left side of the cabin and then had the upper birth over that opened. It's only open at night. Yes, one of us had to sleep under the bed overhead, but we had more room on the right side of the cabin to keep things organized.

As for shower time and getting ready -There is always the option of one of you going up to the Spa to use the shower if you are all trying to get ready at the same time.

We've sailed with our two kids several times in inside cabins and key is giving each person their area for clothes and picking up every morning. I make everyone take a turn so that they are more likely to keep up there stuff. Bringing a dirty clothes bag also is a life saver! Don't forget there is room under the beds for storage if you need it.

My sister is an avid cruiser and has given me great tips. One is take one of those pop-up hampers. They take no space in your suitcase and keep all the laundry in one place and help keep everything organized.

As for the 3 in a cabin. My oldest is 16 and 5'10'' and slept in the top bunk no problem.

Archived