Jolly Rodger tour Help!

Cricket1997

I am cruising on the carnival miracle on 1/02 and am thinking about doing the jolly rodger tour. Is it fun? Also does the ship offer the same tour or is it better to book on my own? What is the cost? Any other ideas would be great for grand cayman for 2 couples in their 20's. Thanks, Crystal

We just did the Jolly Roger in August. We were 4 adults and 2 kids, 12 and 14. We didn't enjoy it as much as we had hoped. It's really more for little kids. They really play it up for the younger kids. Also, you don't actually go anywhere. It seems like you are sailing away but if you keep your eyes on Georgetown, you are merely zig-zagging around in the port area there. They play games and such geared to the little kids that will be on board. After an hour or so of that, they take you to a spot a little further away but again you can still see Georgetown. They drop the anchor and encourage you to walk the plank or jump off the sides of the ship and snorkel or swim. I think you are there for 45 minutes or so. And the spot where they take you there isnt much to see in the water as far as snorkeling goes. We wouldn't do it again. It wasn't a horrible time but we wished we had done something else that day.

Archived