Beach Bar on 7 mile beach

Island Annie

On my last visit to Grand Cayman (2001), I came accross a AWESOME beach bar (not 10 feet from the water). It was a rather large square- shaped bar with a HUGE selection of rums, foo-foo drinks, etc. There was also an open-pit BBQ there serving some of the BEST jerk chicken, rice & beans I have ever had. (Being able to eat it on the beach was an added bonus). They also rented lounge chairs & floating mats, and you could see your ship anchord off Georgetown from the beach.

Does anyone know if this place still exists? I'm hoping to go back there on my next trip to GC in Feb 2005:-)

PS: I've recently seen a picture posted on http://www.webshots.com that looked like this place, and it was titled "Palm Springs beach bar on seven mile beach".

Thanks so much for any help.

Annie

I would like to know too Annie...I am trying to find a good place to sit and have drinks on a beach...I tried to "google" and couldn't find anything named Palm Springs. I would love to know about this place sounds like just what I am looking for. Thanks for any help! :)

Kim

Sea Grape beach offers an outdoor bar and dining right on the beach. They also rent gear. You can see the ships from there. Don't know if it is the place you are thinking of (I don't recall a BBQ pit), but it might do. There is a taxi drop right there and some free shade shelters as well.

Hi, Can you tell me more about Calico Jacks? Is it open now we'll be in GC on 12/9...Wanted to go to Rum Point but it isn't open yet.... What would I ask a taxi driver for to go to Calico Jacks?.....what facilities do they have there?.....Thanks for any help! JoAnn

Mark: I too am interested in knowing about Calico Jacks & will be on Cayman on Thurs. Dec 2 -- has it taken over the Royal Palms location or will RP be rebuilt? Is Treehouse rebuilding? We're (group of 8 adults) going with Sotos in AM & to beach afterward, so want more info on both Sea Grape & Calico Jacks. What foods offered at each?

Been to Cayman many times, last time being Dec 04 & don't think Sea Grape was there then!!

Sea Grape beach offers an outdoor bar and dining right on the beach. They also rent gear. You can see the ships from there. Don't know if it is the place you are thinking of (I don't recall a BBQ pit), but it might do. There is a taxi drop right there and some free shade shelters as well.

was there snorkeling from Sea Grape?? do you know how far Sea Grape is from Cemetary Beach, which i know has great snorkeling.. thanks

Archived