Blue Lagoon Island Dolphin Encounter

atm55

Since this is a 4-4.5 hour excursion, does anyone know if that means you get time on the beach? Travel time looks like 40 mins each way and I think the whole encounter thing lasts one hour or less so that would leave about 2 hours for the beach or shopping - is that correct? I prefer to book the excursion through Disney.

We did the early encounter. The boat ride to Blue Lagoon took about 45 minutes. There is a short training video and some other information about the dolphins and how we were to interact with them. Once we were done with that they split us up into small groups, not everyone is in the water with the dolphins at once. About 5 or so people in the water at a time. They have a dock that you can sit on under a cover so you can watch while other people are in with the dolphins. Afterwards we had about 30 minutes to look around at the other animals and check out the gift shop and get our photos ordered. If you want pictures or a video, you will have to have cash or a credit card. They do have lockers to keep your belongings in while you're in with the dolphins. We had a great time on this excursion and would do it again on our next cruise.

I went to the Sea Lion encounter at Blue Lagoon earlier this year and I did not book through Disney. Once the encounter was done, they told us we can use any of their facilities since it is included in the encounter price. They had a beach, volleyball courts, picnic tables, etc. Our guy said that the boat back to the port comes every 90 minutes and we can get on which ever one we want. Unforuantely, it was 50 degrees when we went so we were not able to enjoy the beach.

Yes we booked thru Disney and did get back to the ship for the afternoon. The kids wanted to go to their club so we let them while the wife and I wandered into Nassau but only got as far as the first street past the dock before our pager went off and we went back to the ship to take care of our son.

When did you go? I'm going in Febuary - hope it's not that cold then.

I went February 6-9, 2009 and apparently Florida and the Caribbean were having record low temperatures. When we arrived in Florida, the pilot announced it was 32 degrees. When we arrived in Nassau, it was very cloudy and 50 degrees on the shore. Blue Lagoon did give us wet suits to wear so it made the water semi-bareable but it was still freezing.

• 1 month later...

Hello all.. I just had another ? About the encounter. I personally have done a dolphin swim on another cruise a few yrs back. But this jan I'm planning on taken my 6 year old twins on a dis cruise abd wood luv to have them do this. But will I have to pay for myself or can I just stand on the platform with them? They r good swimmer thanks to the pool n the back yard but nervous that the platform height still mite make the water over their heads. I hoped u understand what I'm sayin. Well thanks everyone for any advice or tips!!

Archived