Venice Connected Location from Port

auducky2

Where does it tell you to pick up your cards? A tourist office? Piazzale Roma? That's a huge question.

Looks like you take your voucher with the PNR on it to one of the locations listed here:

http://www.veniceconnected.com/venice-connected-points

Either the Hotel Santa Chiara (in Piazzale Roma) or the train station look the easiest to me. If there are taxis available when dock, I'd take one to the train station and go from there.

Where does it tell you to pick up your cards? A tourist office? Piazzale Roma? That's a huge question.

Looks like you take your voucher with the PNR on it to one of the locations listed here:

http://www.veniceconnected.com/venice-connected-points

Either the Hotel Santa Chiara (in Piazzale Roma) or the train station look the easiest to me. If there are taxis available when dock, I'd take one to the train station and go from there.

During our visit in late July, we picked up our cards at the vaporetto stop in Piazzale Roma. The Venice Connected site listed above seemed to indicate they could be picked up by the train station, which is the place we arrived in Venice, but instead we were directed to the Piazzale Roma (about a 10-minute walk)

During our visit in late July, we picked up our cards at the vaporetto stop in Piazzale Roma. The Venice Connected site listed above seemed to indicate they could be picked up by the train station, which is the place we arrived in Venice, but instead we were directed to the Piazzale Roma (about a 10-minute walk)

Thanks! Who directed you?

Piazzelle Roma. If you go to where the vaporetto ticket booths are, to the far right is the window you go to trade your voucher in for your tickets. They will activate the vaporetto tickets right then. The window is reserved for this, they will take people from the other lines when nobody is there to pick up Venice Connected items.

Piazzelle Roma. If you go to where the vaporetto ticket booths are, to the far right is the window you go to trade your voucher in for your tickets. They will activate the vaporetto tickets right then. The window is reserved for this, they will take people from the other lines when nobody is there to pick up Venice Connected items.

Excellent! Now I know more of where to look. Thank you very much!!

I was just wondering at what point on line did you receive your PNR number. I went through the process of ordering on line and when I got to the last page (if think it was last page, it went to italian), I got an error message. They billed my credit card. I have sent an email to them but have not heard from them. Thanks.

Another question -- According to the Venice Connected site, the 48 hr public transport tickets are good for the vaporettos as well as the bus no. 5 from the Airport. Is this true? I just want to make sure I'm understanding the website correctly. thanks, Jean C.

bowlingalleycats - we received our PNR in an email within a few minutes of the transaction being complete. Check your junkmail/spam box too, just in case it went there.

eleanordew - yes, that is correct. If the other bus services are there and you don't want to wait, its only a couple of euros for the different busses.

Archived