destiny spa balcony's

bear3064

• 1 month later...

We stayed in a balcony on the Spa Deck on the Destiny last November. While it was EXTERMELY convenient to the buffet and pools I personally would not stay there again. People on the deck above had full view of our balcony and I felt EVERYTHING up there. I have never been seasick on any cruise before this one. Honestly we loved our room, location and how there were very few cabins on this deck but getting sick AND having people hanging out being able to see right onto our balcony stunk.

The spa balconies used to be cat 6E Oceanview cabins that feature floor to ceiling windows- when carnival redid the rooms-- they took out the window and made these cabins balconies- they are completly unconvered.

• 3 years later...
We stayed in a balcony on the Spa Deck on the Destiny last November. While it was EXTERMELY convenient to the buffet and pools I personally would not stay there again. People on the deck above had full view of our balcony and I felt EVERYTHING up there. I have never been seasick on any cruise before this one. Honestly we loved our room, location and how there were very few cabins on this deck but getting sick AND having people hanging out being able to see right onto our balcony stunk.

Yes, we just came off Destiny last week, had Spa deck cabin 1009...the location was great, our cabin steward was fantastic, the ship's motion didn't really bother us, but we did find it a bit odd at times to look up and see faces staring down at us. And when my DW went out onto the balcony the first morning out, she found two empty plastic beer buckets on the balcony floor!

So there's definitely some trade-offs to the Deck 10 cabins on Destiny. I wonder if this will continue to be a "feature" of the forthcoming Sunshine?

Archived