Cheapest way from Arlanda to hotel

gfranzen

We have a party of 4 traveling from ARN to the Sheraton. Of course, we'll have a lot of luggage. Is there a shuttle that makes sense? What would the taxi fare be?

Thanks.

The "cheapest" way is using the airport bus - http://www.flygbussarna.se/PageFB.aspx?page=5224

The buses run regularly and will drop you off at roughly the same place as the express train.

Taxis have a fixed rate per car from Arlanda to the city center and will take you right to the hotel for that price, I think it is around SEK 495.

Enjoy

Al

We have a party of 4 traveling from ARN to the Sheraton. Of course, we'll have a lot of luggage. Is there a shuttle that makes sense? What would the taxi fare be? Thanks.

Last August 2008 from our hotel in the old, historic area of Stockholm to the distant airport, the total cab cost was about $77 for my wife and me. Not cheap, but for door-to-door, when it was raining, it was nice not to have to hassle with getting to trains or buses, etc. Your question asked about "cheapest", but you might also consider that getting you directly dropped at your hotel has its value and advantages. Less hassles and distances to mess with luggage is worth something.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Last August 2008 from our hotel in the old, historic area of Stockholm to the distant airport, the total cab cost was about $77 for my wife and me. Not cheap, but for door-to-door, when it was raining, it was nice not to have to hassle with getting to trains or buses, etc. Your question asked about "cheapest", but you might also consider that getting you directly dropped at your hotel has its value and advantages. Less hassles and distances to mess with luggage is worth something.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

I so agree with this. My time and comfort are worth a lot to me, so paying a bit more is not a problem.

I personally use the Arlanda Express train, it is by far the fastest way downtown, but not always the "cheapest".

Al

Archived