Stuff to do for Teens on SEA?

wacky1rn

I was on the SEA last month for Thanksgiving. There were almost 400 kids and teens on that cruise because school was out. You would think there would be lots of planned activities. There were only small pockets of time that there were scheduled activities. The disco was open about 2 hours per night for teens but after about 10 pm, it went to adult only. There were teens, particularly the younger ones, without many activities to do at all in the evenings. There were groups of teens all over the ship wandering due to lack of organized activites for them. Most of them were fine, (probably somewhat bored), finding places to hang out and talk, but again, the lack of planned activities that teens would actually want to do were overall lacking. I am often a night owl so I would see these guys and gals every night. In February, there will likely be VERY LITTLE for teens since that is not typically a time that many teens at all will be sailing.

How old are the teens? I think the age restrictions may be a bit more relaxed than what the ship actually states.

I cruised on the Crown in November and saw small children in the disco late at night.

Tell them to at least try the club - the worst that can happen is that the staff tells them to leave.

I was on the Sea last week. The Boomer's disco was open for Teens only (17yr's old and under) from 10:00 till 11:00PM. One of my cousin opened the door just to see if it was crowded and was told he couldn't get in because he was too old.

I still have the Freestyles Daylies and will check if I see anything for teens. But from memory, i do remember a few activities organised for them...

There's also the basketball court on the 6th deck. We were there most of time (our room was on the same deck). It was usually crowded with people from 8 yrs'old to like 30 yr old. It's a great place to meet people. It also has direct access to Boomer's. On the picture, those stairs leads directly to Boomer's and Big Apple buffet on the pool deck.

P1010041.JPG

Archived