Island Princess Room Question

bunky144

Gatun Lake turnaround or full transit?

If a full transit (FLL/West Coast USA) it gets extremely hot even at 0800hrs when you approach the Gatun locks, too hot to even enjoy your Balcony Champagne Breakfast.

I believe with an even numbered stateroom that you are on the port side of the vessel, and if going in the direction noted above, will encounter hot temps. Recommend that you keep your stateroom drapes closed and A/C on med/high.

Going in the other direction for a transit you will be on the cooler side of the vessel.

For a Gatun Lake turnaround, it won't make much difference.

Ciao for now!!!

We were on the Island Princess in Alaska just a few months ago and we had a choice with basically no price difference when we booked - an open balcony or an oceanview - no covered balconies were available. And although it rained a few times and there were even a few cold moments we were thrilled to have the balcony. Certainly I'd prefer a covered balcony but I would definitely stand by the motto, "An open balcony is better than no balcony!"

Archived