Food!

CharismaticWoman

How do the speciality restaurants work? Can you order extras of certian dishes? Or do you have to pick one entree, one app and one dessert?

Thanks!

Generally you have to order just one entree -- but you can have as many appetizers, desserts, etc., as you wish. SOMEtimes...depending on the mood of the server, it seems! :p you can order a different entree too.

How do the speciality restaurants work? Can you order extras of certian dishes? Or do you have to pick one entree, one app and one dessert?

Thanks!

you are really paying for your entree, so you can have only one, but you can order extra attipizers, salad, etc.

Some of the less expensive ones, like the Asian and Mexican specialty dining rooms will allow you more than one entree.

Nita

Sometimes you don't even have to ask. In Lotus Garden on the Pearl, Doug and I were trying to decide between two entrees. Each of us like the sound of two and were trying to decide which on our of two choices to order. The server over heard us talking and brought us all four. Sadly it was more food than we could eat, but IT WAS SO DELICIOUS. Needless to say she got a big tip.

Sometimes you don't even have to ask. In Lotus Garden on the Pearl, Doug and I were trying to decide between two entrees. Each of us like the sound of two and were trying to decide which on our of two choices to order. The server over heard us talking and brought us all four. Sadly it was more food than we could eat, but IT WAS SO DELICIOUS. Needless to say she got a big tip.

My daughter and I had a similar experience at our first Asian experience on the Star. We were contemplating appetizers and the server just asked, 'Why don't I bring you all of them?' and that was that. Of course, it also led to the 'too much food' experience!! :p We also tend to have too much food at Cagney's every single time - and we generally just share a bit of each others' appetizers and sides - but they're all so good we just have to have a little of everything!

I can't wait to try the dim sum on the Epic. I'll definitely have to skip breakfast, though!! :p

My daughter and I had a similar experience at our first Asian experience on the Star. We were contemplating appetizers and the server just asked, 'Why don't I bring you all of them?' and that was that. Of course, it also led to the 'too much food' experience!! :p We also tend to have too much food at Cagney's every single time - and we generally just share a bit of each others' appetizers and sides - but they're all so good we just have to have a little of everything!

I can't wait to try the dim sum on the Epic. I'll definitely have to skip breakfast, though!! :p

I know.. LOL.. no matter how many times I swear "it's not going to happen this time"... I am always so full by the time my steak arrives in Cagneys that I usually eat two or three bites of it and I'm done.. LOL

When we eat in the Asian restaurants we always order dishes to share. This usually means 3 or 4 of both appetizers and mains. If the server is from an Asian country they understand this as it is their culture to have lots of dishes and sides on the family table and to have some of this and some of that. The server usually calls this family style or party style and usually spends an age talking with us about our asian travels.

Never had a problem with doing this.

I get so full eating in Cagney's that we have to come back for dessert. It is my husband's favorite dessert (the apple whatever) and he simply cannot eat it with the meal. They don't mind. They have even said that they would send it to our room for later, but we usually just drop back in before close... and by then there is more room. It happens every time.

Nancy

Archived