Carry Own Luggage on in San Diego

Mrs_Tiki

Will it be problematic for me and DH to carry our own luggage onto the ship in San Diego? We're talking 24" suitcases ~ bigger than carry-on for airplanes, but not by much. No problem fitting through x-rays, etc.

When we cruised RCL Navigator of the Seas out of Ft. Lauderdale in January, the port agents gave us a hard time for not leaving it with the porters. He kept telling us what a "long hard pull" it was up the gangway. I guess he may have been concerned that we would hold up others, but this was not at all the case.

Anyone have experience with this in San Diego? Thanks,

Will it be problematic for me and DH to carry our own luggage onto the ship in San Diego? We're talking 24" suitcases ~ bigger than carry-on for airplanes, but not by much. No problem fitting through x-rays, etc.

When we cruised RCL Navigator of the Seas out of Ft. Lauderdale in January, the port agents gave us a hard time for not leaving it with the porters. He kept telling us what a "long hard pull" it was up the gangway. I guess he may have been concerned that we would hold up others, but this was not at all the case.

Anyone have experience with this in San Diego? Thanks,

As long as it goes through the x-ray machine and you don't mind lugging it around with you I don't see why they would care. Yet there is a luggage restriction posted on the carnival board concerning the size they will allow.

Archived