Bringing Bottled Water on the ship

SAD

On our July cruise on the Monarch, our sink and tub water was BROWN

Back in January before her drydock the Navigator had a well-known problem with yellow/brown water in many of her cabins. We were on the next-to-last sailing before the drydock, and had no problem taking a case of bottled water aboard. I think the easier you make it for the crew to deal with it (our case was still in the shrink wrap, put into a duffel bag, and had a luggage tag attached), the more likely it is that it will find its way to your cabin without complaint.

I just got off the Mariner on Sunday (sailed 9-6 out of San Padro NOT AN ISSUE. No problem with bringing soda, water, bottle tea on board..I brought a 8 pk of diet pepsi and 6 bottles of diet root beer. All in my inspected carry on. Another family in my van to the ship had a 6 pk of diet green tea in bottles tapped to their luggage..they tried to untape to carry on but the porter said it was secure enough and just hauled it away (and to their room). RCCL's printed policy of banned items makes no mention of these being banned items. Legally I can care less what a phone rep says...it MAY eventually be banned but only once they start putting it down as banned items in their contract and not until then. Period.

Archived