Bringing Bottled Water on the ship

SAD

My husband and I will be sailing on the Enchantment in Nov and I was wondering if you can still bring your own bottled water onto the ship at imbarkation? We have always been able to do it in the past but it has been a few years since we last cruised and now I see that you can purchase a water package through RCCL. Thanks for you responses in advanced.

Sheryl

Call RCI, they will tell you something different to what you are being told here.:confused:

Which leads one to ask the question................

Why WOULD you?

Everyone except YOU seems to know that the "facts on the ground" are that you can take the water and soda on board with no problem whatsoever.

GIVE IT UP.

You can also bring a sports bottle and refill it (to take into Port). Last cruise (4 nighter) hubby & I brought a 12 pack and ended up using all but one. Still, next cruise I think we will bring Nalgene bottles and just refill them to take into port or back to the cabin. Not only greener for the earth but greener for our wallet :D

Take one of your luggage tags and attach it to you shrinkwrapped bottled water. Then you will not have to carry it to your cabin. Did this on the Explorer last year with no problems.

The Port Canaveral porters would not let us do this. We had to carry it on ourselves because it wasn't "in a suitcase". Other people have said it worked just fine for them (which is why we attempted to do it). As usual, your mileage may vary!

The ship's water is fine and more than potable...you won't really need to bring much, if any!

100% agree.

I am a bottled water snob and I found the water on the Liberty to be just as good as any water I've ever purchased.

Just bring a few empty bottles, fill them up on board & store them in the fridge.

Which leads one to ask the question................

Why WOULD you?

Everyone except YOU seems to know that the "facts on the ground" are that you can take the water and soda on board with no problem whatsoever.

GIVE IT UP.

Why would I call RCI to ask about their policy on this? Maybe because it is their ship and THEY make the rules????:rolleyes:

As other posts have mentioned here, some people are experiencing a problem in bringing the water and soda with them-why would YOU advocate telling somone to do something that may lead to confrontation and difficulty?

As an agent it is MY JOB to tell people the rules and regulations as stated by the cruise line, not what people on cruise boards say is OK.

Others have also stated that they bring some empty bottles with them and fill them onboard to take for shore excursions-a very eco friendly idea!

Everyone is free to do as they wish, but my clients can expect accurate information from me. Just because my advice is different to yours does not mean I have to GIVE IT UP!!

Why would I call RCI to ask about their policy on this? Maybe because it is their ship and THEY make the rules????:rolleyes:

As other posts have mentioned here, some people are experiencing a problem in bringing the water and soda with them-why would YOU advocate telling somone to do something that may lead to confrontation and difficulty?

As an agent it is MY JOB to tell people the rules and regulations as stated by the cruise line, not what people on cruise boards say is OK.

Others have also stated that they bring some empty bottles with them and fill them onboard to take for shore excursions-a very eco friendly idea!

Everyone is free to do as they wish, but my clients can expect accurate information from me. Just because my advice is different to yours does not mean I have to GIVE IT UP!!

You ASSUME the information you received for the RCI rep is true but it is not what is published in their docs or on their website. No where is it stated (ie written) that you CANNOT bring water and soft drinks on board. It is not listed in the prohibited items. IMHO, the information you are providing your clients is not accurate but rather hearsay from one rep on the phone. I always go by what is written and posted as to what the rules actually are.

Also, I can understand the porters not wanting to take something not in a suitcase/bag. (breakage, etc) This does not mean it is not allowed on board, only that they will not deal with items outside a suitcase (as if you just handed them a pile of clothes)

It may be their ship, and they may make the rules- but it does not mean that every employee knows them, or that the information they give is accurate.

Unfortunately the people who work the phones are not the people on the ship and there is no guarantee that one answer will be the same as the other.

After a family conversation about taking bottled water and soda on board my SIL called RCI to ask, she was told that she could take them both on board. I called and was told the same thing. My other SIL called and was told no, they are sold on board and not available to bring on.

In another situation, I called about seeing if an unavailable room could be waitlisted. I was told no. Everyone here told me yes, so I called back and got someone else- who said yes. Do you really want to rely on RCI phone information?

Just for the record- on the web site they are not listed as prohibited items. I have that printed in case I encounter a problem.

I have ALWAYS brought bottled water on board. I have had 1 issue where it never made it to my stateroom, but it was just a case with a luggage tag on it and I had a stateroom change and the new stateroom written on the tag, but I think it went to the old.

On our July cruise on the Monarch, our sink and tub water was BROWN:mad:. We were in a JS 1048 deck 10. Not sure if it was the deck level or what. First time we had ever noticed that. Needless to say we didn't drink it anymore. Didn't want to shower in it either but we did anyway. We take bottled water now..

We used to put an extra luggage tag on the water and have it delivered to the room. However, they no longer allow you to do that. We now put it in a small suitcase with a luggage tag and have it delivered to the room. You can also carry it on with you, but who wants to lug it around?

The Port Canaveral porters would not let us do this. We had to carry it on ourselves because it wasn't "in a suitcase". Other people have said it worked just fine for them (which is why we attempted to do it). As usual, your mileage may vary!

We used to put an extra luggage tag on the water and have it delivered to the room. However, they no longer allow you to do that. We now put it in a small suitcase with a luggage tag and have it delivered to the room. You can also carry it on with you, but who wants to lug it around?

I guess it depends on the porter. (or the time frame)

Last winter in Port Canaveral I TRIED to carry my own cases on, and the porters INSISTED on putting luggage tags on the carriers and taking them from me! (that's "insisted" with a smile)

It may be their ship, and they may make the rules- but it does not mean that every employee knows them, or that the information they give is accurate.

Unfortunately the people who work the phones are not the people on the ship and there is no guarantee that one answer will be the same as the other.

After a family conversation about taking bottled water and soda on board my SIL called RCI to ask, she was told that she could take them both on board. I called and was told the same thing. My other SIL called and was told no, they are sold on board and not available to bring on.

In another situation, I called about seeing if an unavailable room could be waitlisted. I was told no. Everyone here told me yes, so I called back and got someone else- who said yes. Do you really want to rely on RCI phone information?

Just for the record- on the web site they are not listed as prohibited items. I have that printed in case I encounter a problem.

I have ALWAYS brought bottled water on board. I have had 1 issue where it never made it to my stateroom, but it was just a case with a luggage tag on it and I had a stateroom change and the new stateroom written on the tag, but I think it went to the old.

Not only have I asked the phone reps, (who by the way often have someone monitoring the conversations for accuracy and service levels, and if they are giving out bad info they will be corrected) but our RCI Business Development Officer who handles our office has also told me that soda and water are not to be brought onboard (and I find his information and knowledge of the company to be be very accurate).

Alot of this stems from the fact that the Spring Breakers get pretty creative on finding new ways to smuggle their alcohol onboard that the easiest way to stop all of that is to not allow any bottled or canned beverages to be brought onboard period! I know it is not included on the prohibited items list but I have been told that the no soda, no water rule is indeed applicable to all cruisers. If you want to continue to bring it, go ahead, but don't be surprised if one day this rule starts to be routinely enforced. :eek:

We are having a wedding on SAINT Thomas on the beach, I had labels printed for the bottled water, they will not fit on the large bottles that RCCI sells, so I will be bringing a case with me on the ship. Just not sure how I will get them all cold at once, do not want to go to other cabins for use of Fridg. use. Any Suggestions?

We are having a wedding on SAINT Thomas on the beach, I had labels printed for the bottled water, they will not fit on the large bottles that RCCI sells, so I will be bringing a case with me on the ship. Just not sure how I will get them all cold at once, do not want to go to other cabins for use of Fridg. use. Any Suggestions?

Pack a collapsable cooler in your suitcase. Put your bottles in there and put it in your shower in the cabin (since they leak) and ask the steward to keep it filled with ice.

The ice will keep the water MUCH MUCH MUCH cooler than the quote-unquote fridge in the cabins.

Archived