My Time Dining, Specialty Restaurants and Formal Night

tjljsc

So we head to Rome in 21 days (yay!!!) and are down to the final plans. Due to the times for regular dining, I think we may go with MTD this time around. That said... we have 2 specialty restaurants on our ship. Usually, I like to dine with our table mates on formal night. With MTD, I guess that's no longer an issue. Should I change my specialty reservations to coincide with formal nights? We'd still dress up. Guess I'm just unsure and looking for opinions since we've never done MTD before.

So we head to Rome in 21 days (yay!!!) and are down to the final plans. Due to the times for regular dining, I think we may go with MTD this time around. That said... we have 2 specialty restaurants on our ship. Usually, I like to dine with our table mates on formal night. With MTD, I guess that's no longer an issue. Should I change my specialty reservations to coincide with formal nights? We'd still dress up. Guess I'm just unsure and looking for opinions since we've never done MTD before.

You may dress up if you wish, but the dress code in Chops and Portofino is always "smart casual", regardless of the code in the MDR that evening.

Your call. :)

Hi tjljsc,

Actually since you are going to Europe, dining in the specialty restaurant on formal night is a great option if you don't want to bother packing formal clothes. Unless you are really into the formal thing, it is nice not to have to pack all that for a European sailing.

Enjoy!

Colleen

Archived