Xingang OVERNIGHT IN PORT

edpacecar

Hi, has anyone heard about a curfew in Xingang that passengers must be back onboard by 8:30 PM.

This may or may not be true but would like to know. As it may change plans for some passengers.

Thanks,

Ed

I have no knowledge of a curfew, but if the cruise overnights, my personal recommendation is to get to Beijing and spend the night in a hotel there. Not advantageous in terms of cost, travel time and sightseeing to go back and forth between the ship and Beijing.

I just looked at port gate times. The gates actually close at 9:00PM (for port workers/inbound/outbound cargo). Whether cruise passengers have to abide by the rules of the commercial aspect of the port is a question only the cruise line can address.

I have no knowledge of a curfew, but if the cruise overnights, my personal recommendation is to get to Beijing and spend the night in a hotel there. Not advantageous in terms of cost, travel time and sightseeing to go back and forth between the ship and Beijing.

I totally agree with greatam. Our ship arrived at Xingang a day before the end of the cruise, and we left the ship the day we arrived. It requires two to three hours to get into Beijing from the ship, and spending four to six hours on the road, only to do it again the next day, didn't seem to be worth the price of a hotel in Beijing. ( The hotels are relatively cheap) Also, it took quite a while to clear customs in China, so it was fairly late in the afternoon by the time we finally arrived in Beijing. However, we were able to spend the remainder of the day and evening in Beijing, and we were ready to begin touring the city early the next morning. This was the best decision we made during the entire cruise.

Archived