Steakhouse on Pacific Sun and other bits

sweet_successes

We are sailing in less than a week and I would like some answers to some questions if possible.

1. What is on the menu in the Steakhouse on the Pacific Sun? Do they still do the blooming onion?

We are in a suite and have a few questions about that

1. In the suite dreams suprise media release http://pocruises.com.au/html/suite-dreams-on-p-o-cruises.cfm

it mentions the option of hot breakfast and afternoon tea - has anyone attempted to get this and if so what did it consist of?

2. How does the priority check in and preferrential boarding work? We will be arriving at Portside about 10.30am.

Thanks for answering my questions

Rach

Am off on my first cruise in 3 weeks so can't help you with the menu. However I have spoken to a few cruisers and they tell me that as the Steakhouse is popular and only seats a small number, to make a booking on the first day or likely miss out. The food is supposed to be of a very high standard and I'll be lining up for a booking very early.

We are sailing in less than a week and I would like some answers to some questions if possible.

1. What is on the menu in the Steakhouse on the Pacific Sun? Do they still do the blooming onion?

The menu is a choice of cuts of meat including steaks, lamb chops (very thick lamb chops) and I think pork from memory. Your choice of meat then comes with a range of vegetables and a choice of potato (mashed, roast, chips, etc). Can't remember if they had the blooming onion in January.

This post doesn't do the Steakhouse menu justice though! It's well worth the cover charge to do it - at least once on the cruise.

2. How does the priority check in and preferrential boarding work? We will be arriving at Portside about 10.30am.

There's a special checkin desk at the terminal (a bit like a buisness/first class checkin at the airport) and when boarding commences you'll be the first called up, or if boarding has already commenced, you can board at any time, you won't have to wait for your boarding group number to be called.

For disembarkation, one of the public lounges will be set aside for you as a waiting lounge that you can go to at any time, and will have breakfast set up for you, but not sure how the rest of disembarkation works.

Kym

The menu is a choice of cuts of meat including steaks, lamb chops (very thick lamb chops) and I think pork from memory. Your choice of meat then comes with a range of vegetables and a choice of potato (mashed, roast, chips, etc). Can't remember if they had the blooming onion in January.

This post doesn't do the Steakhouse menu justice though! It's well worth the cover charge to do it - at least once on the cruise.

There's a special checkin desk at the terminal (a bit like a buisness/first class checkin at the airport) and when boarding commences you'll be the first called up, or if boarding has already commenced, you can board at any time, you won't have to wait for your boarding group number to be called.

For disembarkation, one of the public lounges will be set aside for you as a waiting lounge that you can go to at any time, and will have breakfast set up for you, but not sure how the rest of disembarkation works.

Kym

yes its a great meal the last time we were on the paficic sun the steak house was $25 per head, but very nice.

2. How does the priority check in and preferrential boarding work?

A. baggage check in where you get droped off at left side of the building looking from the road , as you walk through the glass doors to the right of baggage check in you will see counters to your right , the counter you are looking for is at the far left hand of them its a low counter with a sfaff member sitting at this counter,its very ezzy to find, and makes you feel great when you see all the poeple lining up and you walk straight in to board the ship, but the ahain you are paying for that,

Unfortunately ... no blooming onion anymore!!! Had it on a previous cruise and it was YUM! (hard to get through as an entree!!) ... on our cruise this year, there was no blooming onion on the menu ... sob!:p:(

I liked the blooming onion pitty

HI Pickachu052

To get priority check in you need to be booked in a suite or mini-suite.

Rach

yes or not able to walk on board your self, as per having a disability, wheel chair, walking frame and carer’s. as far as i know

Am off on my first cruise in 3 weeks so can't help you with the menu. However I have spoken to a few cruisers and they tell me that as the Steakhouse is popular and only seats a small number, to make a booking on the first day or likely miss out. The food is supposed to be of a very high standard and I'll be lining up for a booking very early.

The Steakhouse is great but I would suggest to check with the Maitre D first to find out which nights are formal nights in the dining room, so you don't book the Steakhouse for those nights.

Formal nights in the dining room generally have an extra special dinner, including a parade by the chefs and waiters etc.

Archived