Airboat Swamp Tours

Giocatori

Traveling to NO in November and would like to do a swamp tour on an airboat. I am looking at 2 different operators. Airboat Adventures (no pricing listed on their website help please !) or Tours By Isabelle looking either the airboat tour for $95 pp or the combo Plantation/Airboat tour (grand tour) for $180 pp. Any feedback/ideas you have is much appreciated. Would like to know if the plantation part of the tour is worthwile (do you get to go inside? How was the lunch?) Thanks!

Traveling to NO in November and would like to do a swamp tour on an airboat. I am looking at 2 different operators. Airboat Adventures (no pricing listed on their website help please !) or Tours By Isabelle looking either the airboat tour for $95 pp or the combo Plantation/Airboat tour (grand tour) for $180 pp. Any feedback/ideas you have is much appreciated. Would like to know if the plantation part of the tour is worthwile (do you get to go inside? How was the lunch?) Thanks!

I know nothing about Airboat Adventures, but imagine they are much the same as any of the airboat swamp tours. I can't give a recommendation either way for them.

I do know Tours By Isabelle are wonderful. I've been on her tours and they are IMHO above average. Their combo tour looks wonderful, combining my two favorite plantations - Laura and Oak Alley (and yes, the cost includes interior tours of both) and a swamp tour. The restaurant at Oak Alley is great, I've always enjoyed eating there.

DW and I took an airboat adventures swamp tour in Feb of this year. I think our captain's name was Sam, and he was really good. We signed up for the 6-person boat, which I believe was $90pp.

We didn't do a plantation tour, though I looked very closely at that. The plantations are in the opposite direction than the swamp, so there was plenty of drive time. In the end it came down to we would rather spend the time in NO rather than n a plantation tour.

Hope you have a blast! NO was a fun place to visit.

• 3 weeks later...

We just got home from New Orleans. We also booked with Airboat Adventures in the boat for 6 for $90/person with pick up at our hotel. The driver was prompt and the transportation was uneventful. Our captain was Lewis.

Loved it. One of the best things we did. I would recommend the smaller boat. It is my understanding that the smaller boats can get into places the larger ones can't. We also had plenty of opportunity to ask questions and even had the captain take our picture while standing at the head of the boat with the beautiful scenery behind us.

I would highly recommend Airboat Adventures.

Archived