Hotels In Rome

Hi Marion,

Just checked Oriani out. Looks very lovely and just my style of accommodation. Price is right also. The only thing I couldn't find was whether they had an elevator. Not a big deal, but I don't like climbing a lot of stairs. I have bad knees.

Looks like it is in a fairly nice area. The Borghese Gallery looks like it is located near the Oriani. I would like to visit the Gallery but you have to purchase tickets beforehand and it is a 2 hr. tour. Also has a Botanical Gardens park adjacent to Museum with a zoo and aviary. Not sure we can fit it in with only a day and a half to tour.

I am going to do a post on Trip Advisor Europe forums to see if anyone has stayed here & what they thought about it. Definitely a possibility in my eyes.

What do you think? I know you are staying longer than we are. I did notice that if you stayed 3 days in some of the hotels they offered free airport pickup.

Aberdeen is recommended on Rick Steeves website. Looks like a not too bad place to stay. Nicolas Inn also has received good recommendations on Trip Advisor.

Mary

Wish I had some points to use, we don't. I will check out the other sites. I have found that the rates are all pretty much the same from site to site, all government regulated.

http://www.travel.it/roma/bbsusy/index.htm

The above B & B has a good rate 100 Euros ($132 US, as of today). I did not want to stay near the Vatican but it might not be the end of the world. I was planning to spend one day at the Vatican anyway. The price is just what I wanted to spend. All the other places we saw on the Internet for the same amount looked like flea bag places. Yes, I know , you get what you pay for, I agree with that. Since we won't be spending too much time in the hotel, it might be ok.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks

Marion

Marion, You can transfer American Express points to Starwood...Does that help?

Archived