debarkation is a nightmare

dustyroad

if i remember correctly we left from the guest service deck. i was on the fatasy ship when it was there. my best advice is too stay on the ship an extra hour after the last group has been called and then it might not be so crowded on the elevators and gangplank. also setting your bags out the night before will help with the walking too the exit. some on the same cruisers on the same cruise as i said they had no problem what so ever getting off, but i have never wound around and took so many turns too get off a ship as i did from nola. the extra time on the ship will make for a better debarkation in my opinion. that is just my opinion though and i hope you have a wonderful cruise.

Thought I would try to just tag on to this thread instead of starting a new one...does anyone know what deck the Triumph disembarks from? We can't handle stairs very well and can't stand up forever, but aren't crippled enough to get priority service...the elevators take forever to stop on our floor, much less have room to get on when they do finally stop during disembarkment, etc., etc., so I would like to make arrangements to at least be on and/or have our luggage on the proper floor to get off before this ridiculous process takes place! As much as I would like to just sit on Lido and be the last to get off, we have a two day drive and back to work the next day, so we really would like to save a few hours if possible. Thanks for any assistance.

If the elevators take too long or are too full, hit the up button instead of the down. So you ride a few floors out of your way - you are on the elevator and can get off at the appropriate deck on the way back down.

Using a porter, I have never had to wait more than about 10-15 minutes to clear immigration/customs. Never more that 3 or 4 ahead of us in line. Try it, you'll like it.

If you do need a wheelchair, Carnival will roll you off of the ship and all the way through customs.

It is all the people in a hurry, trying to beat the crowd, that are the crowd. Take your time, enjoy a full breakfast, and let the cattle sort themselves out.

Now Sarge, you are just going to put ideas in peoples head with references to cattle....

First thing that popped into my head was "you need to move the cattle" - an electronic hand held device that you could "prod" the folks ahead of you with would open up a pathway quite well... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

Sounds to me like I will do my best to be the last one off.....I have a 4:00 flight and my airline, SWA, doesn't participate in the express luggage program. I am assuming shuttles and taxi will be everywhere to the airport......is that a good assumption???:confused:

Sounds to me like I will do my best to be the last one off.....I have a 4:00 flight and my airline, SWA, doesn't participate in the express luggage program. I am assuming shuttles and taxi will be everywhere to the airport......is that a good assumption???:confused:

Yes on taxis. Maybe on shuttles.

There is a luggage service that will take your luggage to the airport and hold it. You will need to reclaim prior to check-in for you flight.

http://www.advancecheckin.com/

Archived