31 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you choose?

• Carnival Dream-7 Day Western Caribbean
    • Carnival Legend-7 Day Western Caribbean
    • Carnival Liberty-7 Day Eastern Caribbean
    • Carnival Liberty-7 Day Western Caribbean
    • Carnival Valor-7 Day Western Caribbean

Good Evening Everyone.

I took my first cruise with a group of family members on 9/6 on the Pride and now I'm hooked!! It was the first cruise for me and for my mom. The others have cruised before but for most, it was their first time on Carnival and they loved it.

We've decided to make cruising an annual thing and I've been charged with putting together the next one. I'm starting now to give everyone time to save up and make payments. We've already decided to leave from a Florida port and are looking at August 2010 sailing dates.

That said, I have a Group PVP working on prices for the following:

Carnival Dream-7 Day-Western Caribbean-Port Canaveral, Cozumel, Isla Roatan, Belize, Costa Maya

Carnival Legend-7 Day Western Caribbean-Tampa, Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Belize, Isla Roatan

Carnival Liberty-7 Day-Eastern Caribbean-Miami-Half Moon Cay, St. Thomas, San Juan, Grand Turk

Carnival Liberty-7 Day Western Caribbean-Miami, Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Ocho Rios

Carnival Valor-7 Day Western Caribbean-Miami, Grand Cayman, Isla Roatan, Beliz, Cozumel

My question to you, my consultants :D, is based upon the ship, itinerary, and ports, which would you choose??

I'm tempted to choose the Dream and not look at any other ships. However, the only other Carnival ship most of us have been on is the Pride so they're all pretty new to us!

I have been on a lot various cruises and have visited most of all the ports you listed. My first choice would be the Dream and that's the exact next sailing I'm doing in March 2010. We also do an annual cruise and I'm usually the one to set it up and decide where we go. Why do they leave it up to me I have no idea, but I haven't made a bad choice yet. We are going on Dream because it's new ship and not for the ports. Most of us prefer the Eastern or Southern caribbean. Now of course that's our choice and not to say that the Western isn't great but we all love St Thomas, San Juan which are both Eastern stops and we all love the southern cruises but you usually have to leave out of San Juan to get to them.

So I'm not sure if I helped you with your choice or not, but do some research on the different islands and if you are still cruising for the ports and not the ship I would select an Eastern Caribbean one in my own opinion.

i havent even gone on our first carnival cruise yet (until april) , but i would say hands down the dream:)

reason being , it is brand new , simple as that:D

our first ccl cruise was originally for the dream in april , but due to some expenses that snuck up on us , we had to change to splendor for many dollars less(can drive to port compared to 4 plane tix to florida)

we will still cruise on the dream or magic , but later;)

my 2 cents of course:cool:

dave

Thanks guys!!

I had initially contacted the PVP about a September sailing on the Liberty and was quoted as follows:

$431-Interior

$511-OV

$623-Balcony

These prices INCLUDED the taxes.

She also went down a list of points I could choose from if I booked 8 cabins, one of which was $75/per cabin OBC or a Happy Hour with open bar.

So, I would say it's worth it. I'm still waiting for her to get back to me regarding the August cruise dates.

I have a question for you. Do you get much of a break on pricing with a group?

The Group rates are close to the Early Saver rates. And if you book enough cabins you will get OBC that will make the cost lower than ES. On top of that for every 8 cabins booked you get one cruise fare free. The amount of the credit will be based on what cabin catagory you have booked the most of. There is also a point system that may allow extra credits based on length of cruise etc. Hope this helps...:)

I would go on the Dream because it is new. I am planning a trip for July 2010 for the western itinerary. It costs a little more than the other western carribean cruises, but I think it will be worth the price. I have never been to Isla Roatan, so that is a plus for me too.

Good Evening Everyone.

I took my first cruise with a group of family members on 9/6 on the Pride and now I'm hooked!! It was the first cruise for me and for my mom. The others have cruised before but for most, it was their first time on Carnival and they loved it.

We've decided to make cruising an annual thing and I've been charged with putting together the next one. I'm starting now to give everyone time to save up and make payments. We've already decided to leave from a Florida port and are looking at August 2010 sailing dates.

That said, I have a Group PVP working on prices for the following:

Carnival Dream-7 Day-Western Caribbean-Port Canaveral, Cozumel, Isla Roatan, Belize, Costa Maya

Carnival Legend-7 Day Western Caribbean-Tampa, Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Belize, Isla Roatan

Carnival Liberty-7 Day-Eastern Caribbean-Miami-Half Moon Cay, St. Thomas, San Juan, Grand Turk

Carnival Liberty-7 Day Western Caribbean-Miami, Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Ocho Rios

Carnival Valor-7 Day Western Caribbean-Miami, Grand Cayman, Isla Roatan, Beliz, Cozumel

My question to you, my consultants :D, is based upon the ship, itinerary, and ports, which would you choose??

I'm tempted to choose the Dream and not look at any other ships. However, the only other Carnival ship most of us have been on is the Pride so they're all pretty new to us!

We have been on 3 cruises so far and will do 2 more by the end of January. Your cruises sound great all. We are going on Glory in October and Valor in January. We voted Valor to The Caymans, Roatan(thanks to HGTV), Belize, and Cozumel.

Archived