Just Back - PoA Owner's Suite - Sep 12-19

Oradellian

Ok, i just talked to a very nice gentleman (Scott) and the LIH location. He stated he can't explain the price difference...basically told me it's a marketing ploy and that we shouldn't have a problem catching the shuttle bus and they'll get us to the airport! However, he also stated that they don't check credentials...

Oradellian - didn't you say that they did?

He also said it was the same thing in Maui, I'm going to trust it and not worry that we can't catch the shuttle!

Awesome...thanks angiejoan...I was just going to try to call Thrifty today, but you beat me to it . I appreciate you looking into it and posting the answer. I'm going to leave it as it is...and just hope for the best. I'll bring along all my confirmation letters to show that we are indeed renting a car...just in case. When is your cruise? We're not going until February (yes...I'm planning way ahead I realize) so if you go before me please post on your experience with the shuttles and with the cruise...I'm getting very excited!

Ok, i just talked to a very nice gentleman (Scott) and the LIH location.... he also stated that they don't check credentials...

Oradellian - didn't you say that they did?

He also said it was the same thing in Maui, I'm going to trust it and not worry that we can't catch the shuttle!

Hellooo!!! I can only confirm what happened to me on my trip. On one island, I think it was Hilo, I was asked to show my DL and Blue Chip card to the driver, who checked it off a list. On another island, I think Maui, Blue Chip members were asked to identify themselves.

In Honolulu, the shuttle driver collected $5 each from two ladies who did not have reservations with Thrifty.

If I were you, I also would not worry. Print out your reservation emails and bring them with you.

Cheers

Sprout 76 - we set sail on the 17th!! Holy moly that means 15 day's 'til we fly out!! And yes, I'll let you know how it goes. I've already got my reservations printed out and placed in my "organized by port" 3 ring binder!!! I'll have my reservation copy and blue chip card in my hands!!

Archived