Place to stay in Cozumel?

ksg

Any suggestions for accomodations in Cozumel pre and post cruise would be appreciated. Does anyone know of Villas las Anklas? If so, how is it? We are looking for something a little different than your typical box of a hotel.

Three places that I really like are:

Hacienda San Miguel http://www.haciendasanmiguel.com/

Playa Azul http://www.playa-azul.com/

Ventanas al Mar http://www.cozumel-hotels.net/ventanas-al-mar/rates.htm

All three are so cool in their own way. Hacienda is close to downtown, very quaint, and quiet. Playa Azul is more upscale and farther north, very beautiful. And Ventanas is the only hotel on the east side - it is solar powered and very neat!

Our home away from home in Cozumel for the past 3 years has been IslaMar Villas. They're located in a residential area so you get a real feel for the island and its residents. And the price for what you get is GREAT!

Sherri (CozumelInsider) keeps her property very clean and well-maintained and tastefully decorated. There's a pool with a spa, a dive rinse area, hammocks, a BBQ grill and lovely grounds. Inside, you have everything you need if you choose to make and eat dinner there. We just love IslaMar.

http://www.cozumelinsider.com/Islamar

I have heard from a former Hacienda San Miguel employee that they have let it run down a bit. She is choosing to stay elsewhere in February. Personally I think Villas Las Anclas is a great choice! I have many friends who stay there. It's quiet, medium price, lots of amenities and right downtown. Best of all, it's across the street from one of my favorite restaurants, Sabores.

Playa Azul is lovely but you should know it's the second most expensive hotel in Cozumel.

Ventanas is isolated on the other side of the island. It's a great getaway, but it takes a while to get anywhere or do anything from there. You MUST rent a vehicle if you are staying there. Taxis are infrequent.

Hope that helps.

Appreciate the info. Not sure yet what we're going to do. Leaning towards Las Anclas, but still might take the easy way and spring for the cruiseline's pre package at Intercontinental.

You can't go wrong with the Presidente Intercontinental. That's my home away from home in Cozumel. I'm headed back next week and cannot wait. The employees at the hotel are fabulous. They'll take care of your every need from the time you arrive until the time you leave. It is truly a wonderful place. Some complain that it's too pricey, but I think it is worth every penny. The beach is beautiful, the snorkeling right on the property is great and the food/drinks are top notch. It's a great choice.

Just curious... are you on the Windstar? If you are, that's another "can't go wrong" choice!

Sally...its Windstar cruise lines..here´s the itener...itinary...inteniner...ummm, schedule!

WESTERN CARIBBEAN 2005

Wind Surf, round-trip from Cozumel, seven nights, January 16 to March 27, 2005 calling at Cochino Grande, Honduras; West End Roatan, Honduras; Puerto Cortez, Honduras; Omoa, Honduras; Belize City, Belize and Costa Maya, Mexico. Positions from St. Thomas to Cozumel, 10 nights, January 6, 2005 and Cozumel to Ft. Lauderdale, seven nights, April 3, 2005.

You can't go wrong with the Presidente Intercontinental. That's my home away from home in Cozumel. I'm headed back next week and cannot wait. The employees at the hotel are fabulous. They'll take care of your every need from the time you arrive until the time you leave. It is truly a wonderful place. Some complain that it's too pricey, but I think it is worth every penny. The beach is beautiful, the snorkeling right on the property is great and the food/drinks are top notch. It's a great choice.

Just curious... are you on the Windstar? If you are, that's another "can't go wrong" choice!

Thanks to all who responded. Yes, it's the Wind Surf. It's our first time with them. We've been on two Royal Caribbean cruises with our daughters, now ages 20 and 17. We enjoyed them very much, especially our first one because I thought it was going to be just awful - you know, sticking squabbling siblings into a little cabin!

Now, my husband and I are going on the first vacation in years without them.

We probably should not have taken the cruise line air, since it will cost us $150 for the deviation, but then you get a deal with the Intercontinental. But given that we'd have to leave our house in Northern Westchester at 3 in the morning to make the 6:30 flight out of La Guardia, we'd completely lose our first day to exhaustion, so it's probably worth it.

Archived