E-Bay Points and ING

Hi there,

I recently got an Ebay Mastercard which gives me 1% credit in PayPal $ for all purchases made anywhere with the card. The PayPal $ can be used to buy stuff on Ebay (and other online auctions). I always charge big items for buyer protection even if I have the money. I also have several household bills charge to this card monthly (cell phone, electric, etc). Yes, 1% is small, but it adds up, and I love E-bay anyway. Obviously, you lose if you don't pay the entire balance each month and have to pay the credit card interest.

I also set up a savings account for free at ING. They are currently paying 2.35% interest (no fees, no min balance). I have several sub-accounts...Vacation fund, Christmas, and general savings. I have a certain amount deposited from my checking account each payday for each of my sub-accounts. Having it put in there automatically makes me save. I can get the money out with no penalty within a few days if needed. I think my regular bank would give me 0.5% for a $1000 min savings account...No thanks!

Archived