Any Time Dining for a party of six?

JAKcruiser

We're sailing on the Inspiration in October and have a party of six people. With that many people, would we typically have a long wait for a table each night?

We're trying to decide whether to switch from traditional dining to Any Time and would appreciate any input and experiences.

We had a party of eight and waited at least 15-20 min. every night. I think the larger the party, the harder it is. There are fewer large tables I guess. In any case, it wasn't a huge deal, we just got a drink and waited patiently. :)

just off pride this past weekend...

our party of six only had a 5 minute wait, once...

and that's because we requested a specific waiter. if we hadn't, we would have been seated immediately. but even on the other nights where we requested a specific waiter (which will increase your chances of a wait), no wait at all.

i don't think you'll have too many problems... and i'd definitely recommend the your time dining over traditional... it was just great to not have to plan the day around a set dinner time.

Thanks for all the responses. I went ahead and switched our reservation to Any Time Dining. I much prefer the idea of being able to eat in the dining room at whatever time we'd like.

Our TA recommended calling early in the day for a reservation time. Can you do that? I thought its only show up when you're ready to dine?

just off pride this past weekend...

our party of six only had a 5 minute wait, once...

and that's because we requested a specific waiter. if we hadn't, we would have been seated immediately. but even on the other nights where we requested a specific waiter (which will increase your chances of a wait), no wait at all.

i don't think you'll have too many problems... and i'd definitely recommend the your time dining over traditional... it was just great to not have to plan the day around a set dinner time.

Hey falkcor - As a party of 6 did you have the option to sit with others or did they just seat you by yourselves? We like meeting new folks and are curious if we'll have that opportunity with anytime dining?

Thanks for all the responses. I went ahead and switched our reservation to Any Time Dining. I much prefer the idea of being able to eat in the dining room at whatever time we'd like.

Our TA recommended calling early in the day for a reservation time. Can you do that? I thought its only show up when you're ready to dine?

i think you'll be pleased with the switch. after experiencing anytime dining, i can't imagine going back...

but, um, i don't think you can call early in the day for a reservation time... that kind of defeats the purpose... and the seating of, anytime / your time dining...

maybe she's thinking about the supper club? :confused:

Hey falkcor - As a party of 6 did you have the option to sit with others or did they just seat you by yourselves? We like meeting new folks and are curious if we'll have that opportunity with anytime dining?

we could have had the option of sitting with others...

when you elect to be seated with others, there are always seat, and they'll just bring you to a table for more than 6... 8, 10... and seat first come, first served...

but with a group of friends & family from 9 through 70 something... we just asked for a table of 6... it was just easier and enabled immediate seating... that, plus, no wait for the others to arrive, though i'm sure it wouldn't take long...

also, pretty quickly we 'adopted' our favorite wait staff, and asked for them specifically... that's the only reason we had a 5 minute wait... ONE night... they were just too good, fun, and personable...

but with a group of 6, as an example, we'd kind of 'take over' the table, i'm sure, and wouldn't be as enjoyable for the other 2... as, for instance, being seated with a group of 3 other couples / groups of 2 people at an 8 person table... know what i mean?

but yes, it's definitely possible. and will likely result in a wait of.. nil. ;)

The following is in Carnival's FAQ section:

*Prefer a little flexibility? No reservations required. Your Time dining allows you to dine in the main dining room, at your leisure, anytime between 5:45 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. Guests are seated first-come, first-serve, depending on party size. In most cases, guests are accommodated within 20 minutes. However, pagers are provided if all tables are occupied so guests can relax elsewhere on the ship until their table is ready. Due to the limited number of large table availability, parties with greater than 10 guests may need to be accommodated at different tables.

we could have had the option of sitting with others...

when you elect to be seated with others, there are always seat, and they'll just bring you to a table for more than 6... 8, 10... and seat first come, first served...

but with a group of friends & family from 9 through 70 something... we just asked for a table of 6... it was just easier and enabled immediate seating... that, plus, no wait for the others to arrive, though i'm sure it wouldn't take long...

also, pretty quickly we 'adopted' our favorite wait staff, and asked for them specifically... that's the only reason we had a 5 minute wait... ONE night... they were just too good, fun, and personable...

but with a group of 6, as an example, we'd kind of 'take over' the table, i'm sure, and wouldn't be as enjoyable for the other 2... as, for instance, being seated with a group of 3 other couples / groups of 2 people at an 8 person table... know what i mean?

but yes, it's definitely possible. and will likely result in a wait of.. nil. ;)

Thanks for the info. We were disappointed last year on the Glory when they put us at a table by ourselves (only 4 of us and traditional dining) we missed interacting with other folks at dinner. With 6 of us this trip, hopefully we can find a big table and make some new friends.

Thanks for the info. We were disappointed last year on the Glory when they put us at a table by ourselves (only 4 of us and traditional dining) we missed interacting with other folks at dinner. With 6 of us this trip, hopefully we can find a big table and make some new friends.

i wouldn't think that'd be a problem...

just let them know that's your desire... i think they put a lot of the solo / couples at the bigger tables for exactly that reason...

just don't forget, you can meet a lot of new friends, in places other than the dining room... that's what i do ;)

i find 'em everywhere :cool:

Archived