Destiny last Minute Cruise Bargain

john_l

In our TA Last week there was a £399 cruise leaving on 29th (I think) of October. They also had the 14 night cruise from Palma going across to the Caribbean for £899 - Bargain!!!!

Ann

I am going to spend my old age on the high seas. I think I will have a case permanently packed so I can take advantage of these late deals :D:D:D

This is great if you know the cruise line/ship. We met a couple in the Caribbean five years ago who had snapped up a last-minute bargain cruise via teletext. We were there on Destiny in her previous incarnation as Airtours "Sunbird".

They had ended up on a ship of 3,000 passengers of whom only 125 were english speakers. The majority were German, so the "towels on sunbeds" issue was somewhat of a problem...as was a lack of any form of civilised queuing...or waiting your turn for a lift...There was no water jug at dinner and they had to pay for bottled water, in fact they ended up paying out for all sorts of things they had expected to be included.

They could have been on our ship but had chosen the other one as it was a longer cruise for the same money, but they really regretted it, they were having quite a lonely holiday. We got talking to them on the quayside when they heard us, realised we were English and just asked if they could talk to us for some conversation! We were just pleased we were on a lovely ship with excellent service as it was our first cruise and we had a brilliant experience.

Carol x

Archived