Give me the scoop on the Valor

rmartin1286

I'm going on the Valor in a month, and I've never been on this boat before and had a few questions for those of you who have:

1) About how many two person tables are there in the dining rooms? I've heard that during remodeling Carnival is putting more two person tables in the DR's, and am trying to find out my chances of getting a table for two (or at least sit at a table by ourselves) for me and my husband during the early seating dinner.

2) Is there a sushi bar? If so, does it run all day during meals or is it a 5:30-8:30 deal like we've had on previous cruises?

I probably will think of a bunch of other questions after I post this, but that's all I've got for now. Please, post any tips you may have about the Valor, I'm trying to learn a little about the boat before we get on it.

I was on Valor last summer July 2008.

1. They can move table around to accomodate but if it is busy you may not get what you want. If problem, you can try to grease the maitre'd with some tip but no guarantee.

2. Not full sushi bar, only vegige type of roll and some salmon mix in. You line up and only allow to get so much per session. It is ok because dinner will start soon so you do not want to fill up so much.

Tips: When i to Lido deck for first buffet. It is crowded. If you go in back and upstair to fish and chip place there will be more tables. They also serve seared salmon together with watermelon which is very yummy.

They have different food station in buffet. They are not all same so read description sign at each station to save you time of lining up.

Good luck :)

I was on Valor this year in March. I saw many tables for two in the dining room but they were "wedged" along where the pillars are in the dining room. I kind of felt sorry for the people sitting there because the wait staff and other guest were constantly walking by them. Not exactly an "intimate" dining experience when you have to keep moving your chair to get out of the way of other people.

I just got off the Valor on Sunday and loved it! The sushi bar had a good variety, was open from 5:30-8:30 (i think) but there was never a line more than 3 people and I was there nearly every day.

Definately dont miss the Fish&Chips. Upstairs in Rosie's, they had the best fish, ahi tuna on watermelon, and fantastic fried oysters! But after the first day everyone else had found it and there was always a really long line.

Everyone on the ship was very nice and always helpful and seemed happy to be there. If you want a chair by the adults only pool you have to get there at 8am! I never did get a chair there! But if you go upstairs to the next floor they have lots of lounge chairs available. Also, the hot tubs by the adults only pool were nearly empty every night around 9pm. We loved it! Went there almost every night after dinner.

I would highly recommend Scarletts. Best dinner of my life!

I was on the Valor for the New Year's cruise last year. When the weather is good, check out the Seaside Theater at night. I actually sat through a whole forgettable movie one night, because It was warm and the stars were out. The experience is much like a drive-in theater minus the cars, and you are moving at around 20 knots on the Atlantic.

HI...here is a good new review of Valor with pictures...might have some more up to date info for you

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1068671

and here is link to recent valor cruise reviews

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/getreviews.cfm?action=ship&ShipID=338

I really loved Valor...it was my favorite ship too

I found it to be very well run...they did a great job with the tenders (better than Glory)

and everyone was very friendly

they keep it very nice...the buffet areas were always well stocked and very clean

Valor gets a lot of "rave reviews'>>

Enjoy!

Archived