Huatulco - What to do??

65Cardinal

• 7 months later...

Bumping this thread up just in case anyone has some new information on Huatulco. Does anyone have any recent information on the beach next to the pier? Is it really a nice beach? This sounds like it might be a nice port to just stick close by, have a swim, walk around, etc. Any input is appreciated! We're on a cruise stopping there 10/23/05 (Summit).

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a site with alot of information about the town and area. We are going there in December on the Summit. I've decided that we'll pick up a small boat at the pier (private) and tour the bays for a few hours, just to check the area out from the sea. After that, grab a taxi from the pier and check out a few of the hotels, have lunch and a few drinks.

http://www.tomzap.com/huatulco.html

Seems like a nice place to just relax and enjoy the slow pace without any tours.

Have a great trip, I have been reading your Posts on the Roll Call Board, it sounds like you have a great group going and should have a lot of fun.

• 1 year later...

This is such an old thread and we are going on a Panamal Canal cruise in April. Does anyone have anything to update? Is the Beach next to the Pier acutally a good option. Are there bars close by? The taxi sounds fun too. RCL only offers 4-5 options for shore excursions in this port. Can anyone help? Thanks

We rented a panga (fishing boat from the village) with driver; Evilio. He has been doing this for twenty years and took us to two bays for snorkling and a beach break at a more secluded beach. At $20pp or a total of $100 for up to ten people, it was a great value and a fun day. He approached us with his "book" explaining the tour as we walked down the pier. We were sure glad we booked with him when the ship's snorkle excursion passed us on the way back and had about 200 people on a catamaran.

We had some very potent margarita's at the beach club after snorkling and had a happy stroll through the town afterward. It is a very quaint Mexican village.

There's no need to book in advance. There are many panga guides waiting for your business. Give them a chance. They are very reputable and offer a great tour for a big value. It was a fantastic day.

I was wrong about our guide's name, it's Ovidio (someone bumped my original thread-thanks)

If you want to e-mail Robert at Hurricane divers, he may arrange a panga for you - but it's easy to do once you get there. We had some gear, needed some -$5 ea. I would plan on leaving the ship as soon as possible after it docks to avoid the crowds in town and make the most of the day.

The pangas rent for $100 for up to ten. Six of us were a good number - still $100. That's for all day.

The beach right there is also nice, but it so much nicer to get away from the crowds. La Entrega (sp) is where you want to go for an authentic beach atmosphere.

Archived